WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

geezery

Uploaded new beta 3 version, where is only bug fixes.

'Felix' -> I'll think that those errors are caused by invalid PE image you are using. Do you have WMI component installed properly?

You can find Download link from the first post.

Thank you FredBeagle for the feedback you gave.

Edited by geezery

Uploaded new beta 3 version, where is only bug fixes.

'Felix' -> I'll think that those errors are caused by invalid PE image you are using. Do you have WMI component installed properly?

Thanks for the help - found the problem - had not installed the WMI component correctly :blink: Anyway it is working correctly now without errors. Thanks Again... will do some testing in the next 24 hours on the beta 3 release.

Cheers,

Felix

Hi geezery,

Sorry ive got back to you late with testing ive been busy.

ive now setup my PE & ImageX GUI to run from WDS.

1. GUI loads ok but i get a windows (Select location of *.wim files) browse box apear asking to specify path to WIM files.

I never useto get this with 0.32.

i currently map a z: drive in startnet.cmd before the GUI loads.

2. When I press the map network drive button you have the window goes so far in the top left i can see only the right end of the bottom input box. i cannot move this window around to view it all.

Edited by chiners_68

Have you changed the MyFilePath attribute in the HTA to suite your needs. i.e. Z:\images\ and remember to add \ to the end of the path.

I have hard coded that browse files dialog in the script if the MyFilePath doesn't have any *.wim files.

Are you using WinPe or VistaPE?

Edited by geezery

I knew it would be an easy fix.

When I updated my source with the beta 4 files i forgot to update the MyFilePath in ImageX.hta.

1. Can this my file path be set to z:\ or does it have to have a folder name z:\folder\ with a backslash at the end..?

2. I havent played with it all yet but is there the facility to delete images from within a wim file of multiple images..?

3. Can you clange the font of the Select File:, Select image to Apply: or put a space between the last letter & the :

ive got good eyes but the : looks like its another leter of the word in front that is not complete. the two dots seem to also merge a little into each other.

4. map network window is still going to far into the top left corner & i cannot move it.

5. Anychance of the shutdown having two option shutdown or reboot.? im lazy & cant be arsed to get up & press the power button to switch unit back on.

Edited by chiners_68

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Geezery, sorry its been so long since I last replied,

I have tried out version 0.70 beta 4, I cannot get the Install option working, it starts the diskpart, and then crashes out somewhere after the disk is wiped.

also is the option to choose which disk/partition to install to going to make this version?

• 2 weeks later...
I think I'm going to add support for multiple *.wim files in the hard coded folder. Maybe it can be dynamic also. I have to change the code a lot.

If someone has example for me to get the imagex /info wimfile.wim output to variable I could make that easily.

There is a nice component available, but it is not free. ****

http://www.smartdeploy.com/products/index.htm

Use stdout.readall to get any commandline output into a variable. You need to use the .exec method, however in order to get this.

***edit*** - - - OH crap, I didn't see the follow up pages to this post! Sorry about that...

I also created an HTA for ImageX, and then I stumbled onto this page ;) - see the screenshots... Maybe we could combine our efforts? I've attached the HTA as a ZIP to this post. Also, there is a good example of how to utilize the browse for folder dialog in the HTA (very nice to have). You just need to supply comdlg32.ocx and imagex.exe to make the HTA work.

Update 10/16/07:

I've worked out some kinks with some logic, and have a .02a release for anyone who wants to try it. Now it will pull the Image info when using the 'apply' or 'append' functions. I'm working on 'delete' next.

Note that this one does not require an XML package to be installed in order for it to work - - this was to make things a bit more simple with regards to what you need in order to make this HTA to work. I know it is a cheeky solution, but it does work ;). Essentially, the HTA uses only filesystem objects, and nothing more (no WMI, either).

ImageX_v.02a_RD.zip

post-12103-1192596584_thumb.jpg

post-12103-1192596593_thumb.jpg

post-12103-1192596603_thumb.jpg

Edited by qc_metal

Very nice, I have also been contacted a other member of this forum, who has some nice features in the hta. I'm currently so busy at my work that I don't have the needed time to implement new features + test new version. The scripts that I have made is totally free to use and modify.

But if you get some nice features done, please post those to the msfn community.

gc metal keep up the great work, very nice HTA. I will check it when I have time.

Very nice, I have also been contacted a other member of this forum, who has some nice features in the hta. I'm currently so busy at my work that I don't have the needed time to implement new features + test new version. The scripts that I have made is totally free to use and modify.

But if you get some nice features done, please post those to the msfn community.

gc metal keep up the great work, very nice HTA. I will check it when I have time.

Cool Geezery...will do. I'll see if I can make a Geezery/qc_metal hybrid and post my results here. Thanks for your permission on that!

I think I'm going to add support for multiple *.wim files in the hard coded folder. Maybe it can be dynamic also. I have to change the code a lot.

If someone has example for me to get the imagex /info wimfile.wim output to variable I could make that easily.

There is a nice component available, but it is not free. ****

http://www.smartdeploy.com/products/index.htm

Use stdout.readall to get any commandline output into a variable. You need to use the .exec method, however in order to get this.

***edit*** - - - OH crap, I didn't see the follow up pages to this post! Sorry about that...

I also created an HTA for ImageX, and then I stumbled onto this page ;) - see the screenshots... Maybe we could combine our efforts? I've attached the HTA as a ZIP to this post. Also, there is a good example of how to utilize the browse for folder dialog in the HTA (very nice to have). You just need to supply comdlg32.ocx and imagex.exe to make the HTA work.

Update 10/16/07:

I've worked out some kinks with some logic, and have a .02a release for anyone who wants to try it. Now it will pull the Image info when using the 'apply' or 'append' functions. I'm working on 'delete' next.

Note that this one does not require an XML package to be installed in order for it to work - - this was to make things a bit more simple with regards to what you need in order to make this HTA to work. I know it is a cheeky solution, but it does work ;). Essentially, the HTA uses only filesystem objects, and nothing more (no WMI, either).

i get the following error when i try to use the browse function, i have copied comdlg32.ocx to program directory.

Line: 536

Char: 1

Error: The control could not be created because it is not properly licensed.

Code: 0

anyone can tell me what im doing wrong ?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

I am also getting the error about commmon dialog control license... How can i resolve this issue. And secondly when i add the hta and images folder to winpe and i launch from wihtin pe the images dont load. The background does and the ico file but not the other images? Any suggestions? Aside from that this is an awesome hta def what i was looking for THANKS ALOT!!!

ok this looks like a good idea.

i have thrown your beta into a winre image. and all ok.

im going to have to rip large chunks of it out because my intention is to use the GUI as a replacement for my visual basic program to recover customers systems.

i need to block diskpart from ever touching partition 1. as this stores all of winre and the final installation image.

question: is it possible to get a progress bar to run instead of the ugly black box known as command promt? i'll look into it but if you know anything that could help, would be kool.

now one suggestion. if an image fails to deploy the ImageX.hta always reports that the image applied ok. could cause problems :/.

spose i need to brush up on my scripting skills.

but playing with your beta has inspired me to work on this further and give a nice front end for our customers.