How to accelerate the HFSLIP running process

nh_wzg

Hope someone can help me:

PC is P4(2.4)*1+1G ram.

Run the HFSLIP 1.4.2/1.4.3 with the w2k+sp4 .

In the taskmgr.exe display window, hfslip_x_x.cmd keep to take up the CPU work-cycle,but the usage of the ram resource is keep in about 20%.

I want to know how to accelerate the HFSLIP running process with the reset of 70-80% ram in the PC.

Thanks!

Edited by nh_wzg

nh_wzg - Perhaps you can use sysinternal's process explorer to set the priority to be the highest. Can you say what OS you are hfslipping and what driver compression you chose? How long does it take to the hfslip run?

To answer your Q, there are no switches to force hfslip run in a ramdisk.

if you are able to create a ramdisk big enough to accomodate the whole HFSLIP directory with it SOURCE and resulting SOURCESS (and ISO file), then you can run the whole HFSLIP process in the ramdisk. but to be able to have, say, 3GB of ramdisk space, you need to have 4GB of physical memory, which is not possible in your 32bit processor. (max for 32bit is 3GB)

Tommyp-I am hfsliping the win2k pro en with fdv fileset to remove ie.It took about 25-29mins to finish all the hfslip process.All the drivers and hotfixs in the HF directory just include in the famous auto-list hotfix update site linked by the hfslip.org.

glentium-Yes it is. But i can see the winrar would occupy all most all the ram to compress files i selected in taskmgr.exe's windows. That is the reason i raised the topic.

Thanks for your reply!