Yet another problem :|

Matt

ive used every version down to the ones that came with the card, graphics seems to be fine, this is the main error i get now:

PAGE_FAUT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

0x00000050 [/quote:c919dfb44e]

That error code is related to RAM.I notice in one of your posts you said you replaced your processor,and this is when the problem started.Is there a possibility you may of accidently knocked the RAM when fitting the new chip.Check it for proper seating.How many sticks of RAM have you got installed?If you've got more than one,try each one on it's own to see if that cures the problem.

Ur having a kernel crash dump problem, to help u catch exactly whats causing the prob....u need to change ur settings in control panel/systems/advanced....startup recovery/settings.....systems failure/ and under write debugging information change it to kernel memory dump

also go here and read this article it has some reference to the fault ur having u may find a solution or answer to whats causing it

read the section-[b:fc44428180]Debugging Failures for Special Pool [/b:fc44428180]

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q192486

rev i have 2x 256 mb SD RAM in, they are on the other side of the board to the processor, they are fine, ive tried them in a different machine, im starting to think that my hard drive is just buggered

rev i have 2x 256 mb SD RAM in, they are on the other side of the board to the processor, they are fine, ive tried them in a different machine, im starting to think that my hard drive is just buggered [/quote:0d593e89eb]

Did you install more RAM along with the new processor?

All good answers from some very experienced techies!

Heres what I would do (he):

1. Prepare for some hardware and software work (roll up your sleeves and grab a six pack).

2. Install only one stick of RAM in the Number 1 RAM slot (refer to the mobo book or just place it in the slot closest to the CPU). Remember, you can add the other stick later. Take long slug of that beer.

3. Power-up that bad boy and see what happens. If it crashes again, power-down and replace that stick of RAM with another one in the same slot. Power-up once more. Take another long slug of that beer.

4. If the machine crashes again start saving data and anything else important to you saved somewhere other than on the dard drive (to the best of your ability). Forget the error messages at this point because we are going to eventually wipe the hard drive and start all over with a clean installation of Windows. More beer and start thinking about pizza delivery.

5. That was a long stressfull process. So take a break with the first available babe and release some tension.

6. You already updated the BIOS so ... Grab that hard drive utility and fdisk/format using the auto options to install Windows on NTFS (recommended) or 32bit file structure. Now we have a nice clean hard drive to work with. Pizza should be there by now and that six pack needs replaced!

7. Now install WinXp. You have a few installation choices depending on your edition of WinXP.

a. If it is the full version then you can boot from the WinXP CD. Power-up and enable boot from CD-ROM in the BIOS setup, i.e. CD-ROM, C, A or CD-ROM, A, C. Your choice. Remember to change it back later. Save and exit the BIOS setup. The PC will eventually message out that an operating system is not installed (something like that). Insert the WinXP CD into the CD-ROM drive and power-down the PC. Power-up again and the WinXP CD will start the installation. Have Fun, Have More Beer, and get back to us.

b. If your WinXP edition is the upgrade you can either install your previous operating system and upgrade to WinXP (NOT RECOMMENDED). You already know how to do this.

c. If your WinXP edition is the upgrade you can perform a Clean Install. BIOS boot sequence should be A, C, CD-ROM. Boot from a Win98SE boot disk with CD-ROM support, Run setup.exe from the CD-ROM, and have your previous windows operating system CD handy for varification.

There are other ways to perform a clean install and these forum members know them all. Wait for them to expound on the methods and maybe you will choose something else.

Don't forget to install the extra RAM. But wait after 10 boots or so to see if the error messages plague the system. If so, replace the bad stick with another of the same specifications.

Now install you applications - but defrag after you install any major mellons. Keep the hard drive tidy.

Your page file was corrupted previously and running system clean-up and system tools as previously suggested sometimes has its good points. Keep that in mind. WinXp on an Athlon system is very picky about RAM so don't mis-match or use cheap RAM. Cheap women cause fewer problems and I highly recommend them.

MSNwar - The FatMan

Note to forum members: Please take it esy on me cuz I learned most of it from you anyway:D

• 2 years later...

It could be your processor too, if you just bought it, then return it for another one. But if the previous posts fix your problem then dont bother with the processor thing, but make sure to narrow it down before it gets too late and you cant return your products.

Yup, put the old processor back in, and don't change a single other thing

if that fixes the problem, warranty the new processor.

if not, then it's a long process of elimination.

BTW, that mobo doesn't happen to have an SIS chipset does it?

I was too lazy too look it up :whistle: