often occures blue screen of death...

im1knight

now it happens almost everyday...it's just annoying..because there are a lot of unsaved datas, and a rebot from blue screen means a redo...for the work...last time i think someone said that i need to update my hardware..but how...? what should i update? where?? this never happens on any of my other computers....weird.... :wacko:

huh. how many different things could cause this? other than a million or more, there are a few things you could try.

dust could be hampering your processors cooling ability, so you'll want to get yourself some compressed air, and blow that computer out, preferrably outdoors, where dust wont be able to get back in.

try running CCleaner, and cleaning up the registry. although after installing, you'll want to make sure your browser isn't checked, or you'll loose all your saved passwords and whatnot when its done.

burn yourself a ton of CDs for backup, and get an autosave program, if i could tell you whats on my network, i would, but i dunno what its called. my sister set that up.

you're system might have a low amount of RAM...maybe looking into what you have, and seeing if you need more will solve the problem. also, there could be issues with your RAM..running Memtest can give you answers to that.

What are the exact specs of your computer? CPU/RAM/manufacturer/Operating System/Service Pack etc.

A BSOD contains info that will tell you exactly what's wrong.

Write it down the next time. Then post it here.

But in general terms, it can be (usually) caused by some kind of conflict.

Quite often something like a bad driver or failing software.

Or even two pieces of software fighting over a memory location. :sneaky:

I saw one the other day on one of my systems that was caused by a loose SATA data cable.

Who would'a thunk it?

So, to start, reseat all your plug in cards, data cables and RAM.

Then seriously minimize the number of programs that you have running on your system.

Then do a very thorough scan for Viruses and Spyware on your system.

I could probably fix it, if I could just get to it. Fixing computers is what I do for a living.

Good luck to you,

me B)

now it happens almost everyday...it's just annoying..because there are a lot of unsaved datas, and a rebot from blue screen means a redo...for the work...last time i think someone said that i need to update my hardware..but how...? what should i update? where?? this never happens on any of my other computers....weird.... :wacko:

Why so surprised? I could have 5 PCs in our spare room here and just because of one them may have a hardware issue, it doesn't surprise me. Not all PCs have the same specs, to each their own possibility of something going wrong either by natural defect or lack of maintenance.

Get the error code and Google it to find more information. You've failed to provide any information at this point so I and others could suggest everything under the tree without any real accuracy.

Edited by Jeremy

I had issued like that before. Turned out to be bad memory - it was from Kingston. Replaced it some other generic and it worked fine henceforth.

Kingston? My memory supplier tells me that about 80% of Kingston memory is refurbished RAM,

made up from chips that failed final inspection at the original mfg. plant.

There will NEVER be any kingston ram in any PC of mine. :angry:

RAM is the very Heart of any system,,,,,not a very good place to pinch pennies!

Good Luck,

Andromeda43 B)

I had issued like that before. Turned out to be bad memory - it was from Kingston. Replaced it some other generic and it worked fine henceforth.

Kingston? My memory supplier tells me that about 80% of Kingston memory is refurbished RAM,

Good Luck,

Andromeda43 B)

That sounds like BS! Otherwise, it wouldn't overclock for Jack! I had good luck with Kingston. My PC2700 overclocks good for PC2700.

Why didn't you call Kingston and RMA it? Kingston memory modules are guaranteed for life.

I've sold and installed literally hundreds of Kingston modules and NEVER had a single problem. Not to mention that their modules, as mentioned above are guaranteed for life. Don't always believe what other people say. It's true that Kingston does not make their memory chips, in fact, 90% of all brands on the market do not make their own chips. Kingston does not use refurbished chips, they do use chips that don't meet higher standards but it's still great quality memory.

It goes down something like this. Say Micron produces a batch of DDR2 800 MHz chips and out of those chips, 15% will cannot run at 800 MHz without error but do run at lower frequencies without errors, well Kingston will buy those chips. The ones that clock at 800 MHz will be sold as top quality 800 MHz certified chips to other OEMs. Kingston will take the other chips and determine what frequencies they can run at without errors. Say those 800 MHz chips that failed at 800 MHz run safely at 667 MHz, well Kingston will simply label those 800 MHz chips as 667 MHz modules. It's neither bad memory or refurbished memory, it's just a way to buy memory that didn't make triple A premium grade cut at a lower price.

I was about to argue saying it was the CPU, but speaking in terms of relativity, any component that is crucial to the operation of a computer could be considered the "heart" or brain". :P

And he has still failed to provide any information, so I'll just throw some things on the table and he can do what he wants with it.

Download the Ultimate Boot CD 4.0, burn it to CD, boot to it. Test your RAM with MemTest and your HDD with the appropriate tool. That's a start.