BIOS modifications

geniusguy256

hi, i need some help urgently, i have heard that it is possible to modify your BIOS to make windows recognize something else!! example if you have a 32MB ram U CAN MAKE windows recognize it as 128MB, is this true?? i wanna modify my BIOS, i have 320MB of RAM and want to make to 512MB! i have a QDI p3 motherboard, i dont know its serial etc.. but its a good one!! can any1 help me or provide me with a guide or something helpful pls?? i really need it

Edited by geniusguy256

Ummmm WOW. Someone is filling you full of caa-caa m8. While it may be possible to trick your bios into showing different amounts it will SURELY fry your system doing so as the system will try to use resources that do not exist. I hope you don't burn your room down when you parts start going up in smoke...

You mean sorta like how you're asking this kind of question and your name is "geniusguy"? 8P

Really, this is not a good idea at all. If you don't damage the BIOS utterly, you will cause all kinds of stability and compatibility issues. This is one of those things you just don't do.

What is possible is that on an older motherboard, a big HDD is not recognized with its full capacity. If this is what you're talking about... geniusguy? Updating the Bios might solve this problem. But it does NOT make the HDD look bigger than it actually is and even less let you use more than you got. As for a Bios update solving the same problem with RAM, I can't remember seing any case. But again, you'll never have it seing more than there is. Whoever told you that got you pwned.

hi, i need some help urgently, i have heard that it is possible to modify your BIOS to make windows recognize something else!!

So far I've never heard of it before but IF it is possible, don't do it. It will cause more problems.

Edited by bluhound

I suspect that whoever told him that was really referring to onboard video and trying to make it use more than 32MB of system memory.

That would be my best guess too.

Setting the ram used for onboard video, is absolutely the ONLY thing regarding RAM that one can do from the BIOS.

There is also a maximum that can be used, depending on the video chipset installed on the mobo. You can't make it more than it was designed for.

Writing 1/2 Gallon on the side of a quart milk bottle doesn't make it hold a half gallon.

Cheers Mates!

:ph34r:

hi, i need some help urgently, i have heard that it is possible to modify your BIOS to make windows recognize something else!! example if you have a 32MB ram U CAN MAKE windows recognize it as 128MB, is this true?? i wanna modify my BIOS, i have 320MB of RAM and want to make to 512MB! i have a QDI p3 motherboard, i dont know its serial etc.. but its a good one!! can any1 help me or provide me with a guide or something helpful pls?? i really need it

It is possible with the correct hardware to modify the SPD information on your memory but if you claim that you have more capacity than you actually do but you will just end up with errors when you try to access the nonexisting memory.

LOL man , in this way I can install Vista on my Pentium II with 192 SDR Ram.... You make me laugh... :lol: And maybe we can share the RAM over the network I think.....

WooHooo maama how did i laugh on this one ,i've maded my life longer with 120 years....from this cause...

No seriously ,if we can do this it'll be cool.... but like others said it's trying to use resources that didn't psihically exist on ur machine.