Which One?

vegettoxp

I have been checkning out these SATA DVD-Writer Drivers that I just wanted your guys opinion on which is the best and what order would you put these drive if you were to get these Drives. So let me know, please guys.

Pioneer DVR-212D DVD/CD writer

PX-755SA DVD±R/RW CD-R/RW internal Serial ATA drive

Samsung SATA SH-S183L DVD Writer

Lite-On SATA SH-16A7S (SATA) DVD Writer

THX!

Fusion

I've also heard nothing but excellent things about Pioneer drives. An old friend of mine has floor to ceiling boxes/stacks of burnt media that he's literally been trying to burn out his Pioneer but it won't quit on him. :lol:

I will also agree that Pioneer are great.

Alot can be said for Plextors as well though, I don't know about the 755SA but the 760SA is great (i have 2 and they kick a**).

At the end of the day is really a price issue and a personal choice as I have not heard bad things about any of the 4 you mentioned.

I would say LG but its not in your list. :P

Pioneer 106 I had a while ago went west on me and stopped reading or writing discs. Maybe I just had a lemon or something but my LG drive has lasted probably the longest of any drive I have ever had.

Hang on a minute, WTF is a "SATA DVD-Writer Driver" when its at home?

Are you guys talking about DVD writers or did I miss a meeting somewhere?

Whats the point "burning" data to a SATA drive?! :blink:

Just copy it there, sheesh.

Edited by LeveL

"Drivers" was probalby a typo...the rest of us apparently figured out what he meant. :)

Ever heard of DVD writers (aka "burners") that use a SATA interface instead of PATA (aka "IDE")? That's what he's looking to purchase and is asking which of the ones he listed would be his best option.

I guess you did miss a few meetings... :whistle:

Well Guys I have made my decision on my Roms for my Next system. So please check out the Drives and Give me your opinion on this drives guys. I am try to get some reviews on this drives, but it really hard to find any reviews. So if you guys know of a site who has any reviews on these drives, please let me know.

Your Opinion?

DVD-Writers - Pioneer DVR-212D DVD/CD writer (SATA)

DVD-Rom Players - Lite-On SHD-16S1S (SATA) DVD-ROM Drive

CD-Writer/DVD-ROM Combo Drives - Lite-On SHC-52S7K (SATA) Drive

Thx for all the help guys. :thumbup

P.S. Fusion :hello: