Napster Will Work!

Devil_666

Dont know about you guys but i feel that Napster is going to work! I just went on napster.com to see what was there and the release date was there! And iam willing to pay some $$$$$$$$ for some good quality mp3's :) So Come on Napster Bring it Back :rolleyes:

It will never win. $9.95 is the cost of a cd so why would anyone want to download it then spend more money on cdrws and burn it when you can buy the whole thing and get all the extra features a bought cd comes with.

They need to lower the price and make it a month price, then maybe it might do some good.

at 99 cents a song doesnt sound that bad, but 50 cents would be better! :rolleyes: I really dont care for the pretty color pages of a store bought CD or the pretty graphics on the front of the CD itself.....It's not like you can see the CD in your player, and the pretty paper, well who cares...as long as you have the music. Having CDR's at home is regular thing nowadays, people might not see it as an extra cost. Maybe the convenience of not even having to get out of your house to buy the CD, in just a few minutes you'll have the CD in your hand....and you didnt even have to get dressed!!! :)) But I do agree that maybe a monthly unlimited fee of 20 bucks would be a better idea.

This is what I don't get... people talk about not wanting to pay $15+ for a CD. They complain that CDs should be cheaper, yet they are willing to pay $.99 a song, when there are 15+ songs on a CD. The truth is guys... if you like an artist, then buy their music. If you do not want to buy it then you can wait for each time it comes on the radio. But, anyone who has ever bought a CD knows that the best songs never make it to the radio. Let me ask all of you this. If you made music or webpages or graphics or software would you want to give it away for free? I know all of you are going to chime in and say "I already do that for free" but I have to say you do not do it nationwide to millions of fans so that doesn't count. Everyone has offered services for free, but when they are in demand we all know we charge for those same services. Stop whining and BUY the music, any way that you have to.

to ThA_FiLeR they can encypt it with a personal code like WMA uses encryption passwords to prevent sharing that is the same way that they can put a verification cide inside the mp3

un4given1 said :

The truth is guys... if you like an artist, then buy their music

ok u r right but whats the matter over here in belgium

u all know idols... the belgain winner did put his new song on the web for download when they pay. i got nothing against it but now are the cd-company's complianing why he did put the single first on the web and not waited till the cd-single is in the stores so there is always someone complaining how or when about some money

the best solution i think is they ask a montly fee or a contribution/1GB or other amount and they donate directly to the artists who signs up at napster that way the people can enjoy cheap for there music and the artist do get his benifit

What about when you pay to download a song, download it, and its crackly, damaged, the ends cut off, etc?

The quality is not always guaranteed, as anyone who ever downloads MP3's knows.

Yes, thats very true... but they guys behind napster knows this, and i problably won't be an issue... What Im conserned about is the quality of the files. On a CD you get the files in a lossless format, Wave, in a mp3 you get ... well, mp3! Which is not lossless! ... So if such a service is to apeal to me it should provide the files in some kind of lossless format, E.G. .APE or WMA PRO.

the mac people have the istore in itunes, just pay 99c per song or 9.90 per cd.

no starting fee. but mac only makes 10 percent profit on the songs so its not there faut its so expensive. also. i tunes for window is comming out on october 16th according to the mac wesite discussion forums. there is suposto be a special event on that date.

problem is that its only available in certain place. U.S.A. im sure, not canada.

go check here or here

the music store has been very sucessful acording to apple, but they say it wont be there major profit imput in the music section. for that, they have ipods :) .

I found something else out. its just like the itunes library, except its for windows.

99c per song, 9.95 per album, with 30 second previews of the songs. its the same thing as apple. story here