Blowholes

dirtwarrior

It depends on the case. I've added some to a few cases with poor ventilation, which were runnning quite hot (lots of HDs don't help). But most cases have half decent airflow nowadays. You got 120mm fans on there, so likely it's good enough.

If airflow/temp is a problem, first thing I do is take out the "mesh" thing that's in front of the fans (usually it's just a bunch of tiny holes in the case) as it restricts airflow quite a bit, and put some grills on there (dust filtering too if required). If that's not enough (with the optional fans installed too), then I consider the blow hole.

The main problem I have with them is fear of coffee spills thru it (kids being a risk here too). That wouldn't be pretty.

so how often is coffee spilled on computers at your house? lol

In keyboards? Well, not daily, but it happens. When you have young kids around, spilled drinks are VERY common too.

Never spilled one inside a computer yet, but I'm not taking any chances (towers are away under the desks, so unlikely to happen this way). But I've seen it before (back when motherboards couldn't be had for like 50$). That was a very expensive repair (it was actually coke, what a sticky mess it made)...

From my experience and from the experts at SPCR, an intake fan isn't so important anyway. As long as you have good heatsinks and a nice 120mm rear enhaust fan, you're good to go.

I've heard its more important to get hot air out of the case rather then getting cool air inside the case. I'm running a fanless Scythe Ninja on my CPU as it's always at a constant 30-33C. :w00t: My NV Silencer blows the hot air out of the rear of the case rather than just away from the card to be further ventilated throughout the case. Actually, when I switched to the NV Silencer, my overall case temperatures dropped 5C or more. My advice? Always get a VGA cooler that exhausts the air out the rear. :yes:

Can you look at the stuff I am getting.

I already did. I wouldn't have gone with an IDE drive myself. I don't know why you're looking for further approval from users here when you've already ordered the parts. :blink:

Edited by Jeremy

Rosewill R5604-BK 0.8mm SECC Screw-less Dual 120mm Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, Got ya...

Small compact case, and not to expensive and sure not flimsy (0.8mm SECC). Timeless design.

How is the plastic? Does it feel strong?