My Temperatures

Jeremy

did you face the front fan the wrong way on purpose?

No, and it was only my second build back when I first assembled my Antec P180, thus I was still rather inexperienced. I wasn't paying much attention to the fans and didn't ever test to see which direction the air was going. So for more than a year the front acted as exhaust without me realizing it. I have removed all but the rear fan now anyway without it affecting my temperatures much, which has been stated previously in this topic.

btw, try shoving the psu cables underneath the psu.

Sure that would be optimal for airflow, I suppose but then my PSU would not fit in the lower chamber of the case. That will not work.

what do u mean ur psu wont fit? take a look at what i did.

Oh, I see. I didn't notice the small area under there. I can try putting some of the cables under there. It would certainly make it look a lot neater. Thanks for the tip.

unfortunatly i didnt take any pics.

http://lh4.google.com/image/Kremmit/RbG6sK...&imgmax=640

but this pic here, i did basically the same cutting away and my antec tricool fan which came with the case fits just fine. i did have to shove my hdd bay in pretty good at first, but now i guess its worn down..

and i attached the fan uses washers and just screwing it in from the outside of the case

for your case tho, i dont think u can suspend the hdds, they will hit the fans..

and dont u regret getting the powerstream now? i just built a comp for a friend with the newer black p180 with a corair modular psu, wow does modular make a difference.

Edited by ripken204

Forbidden

Your client does not have permission to get URL /1.1 from this server.

for your case tho, i dont think u can suspend the hdds, they will hit the fans..

I've already suspended the HDDs and with some similar cutting I believe I could easily have both HDD suspension and a fan. Although my average idle temperature for both my HDDs is 40C so I'm not sure if a fan is necessary.

and dont u regret getting the powerstream now? i just built a comp for a friend with the newer black p180 with a corair modular psu, wow does modular make a difference.

I try not to regret things in life as I go by the philosophy that everything happens for a reason, in addition to the "butterfly effect". But I won't get deep into that here. :P Live and learn for me. Cheers. :hello:

well, i'm gonna look around for a new better case for this system..in the meantime, i have a question that's got more to do with the OS and how hot my CPU's run...

what would be preventing my CPU's from going below 40% usage? there was a time, and i can't remember which installation it was, when my CPU usage was next to nothing. i recently made an nlited xp...but for some reason i keep getting a cdaudio.sys error during the installation...i'll try burning it slower after i test the iso..i'm also going to see if i can bolt the heatsinks down better...i don't think they were installed correctly or something...they just dont dissipate heat properly or something...i'm going to try to get a pair of P3 Xeon 1Ghz for this tower tomorrow...hopefully that will give this system new life in many ways.

yea, thats why i want to keep this thing as cool as possible....the CPU usage never really goes down and idles, thats why i have no idle temp. my CPUs bounce around 28-47% usage right after it boots. nothing loaded but a firewall/av, wireless connected, and everything. i have 768mb of ram, so yes, that isn't all that much, but this computer could run easily with half that. i'm using XP Pro sp1 Corporate edition..before i ran Pro sp2, and it was the same. is there something preventing my computer from chilling out? i keep trying to make an nLited XP that i can at least hope would change it, but every time i test it theres an issue during the installation.

earlier i did a mod to my case, i took out the lower two optical drive spacers, and put a mesh screen and air filter there and fit a 92mm fan on the inside, it blows air onto the processors, and at the highest clock, 503MHz, its running stable, and the heat isn't that high, 82.7F....i think thats around 26C but the CPUs themselves are 73C and 69C, close to thermal max.

i missed a shot on ebay for a pair of 1GHz CPU's for this computer this morning, i overslept, but since i put the filter in front, the CPUs are running a bit cooler, theres more air coming in. i'm looking at a Cooler Master 330 case, they're cheap, and i'll be able to do the same thing, and use better fans too, i'm looking at Antec Tri-Cool 120mm 3-speed fans. comparing the noise and the airflow, its worth it to me...it would take a while to be able to have all the money to pull it off, but i'm going to a computer expo on the 18th, and i can get ideas and help there. i'll have the Cooler Master case by then, and i'll be running my P4 system...i want to keep this system as my main system though, so i'm basically relying on the Antec fans to be in stock when i go to get them.

the system is 9 years old, but its still running well for what it is, i don't want to loose this system.