My Temperatures

Jeremy

wow that is high, rly high. espeically since we have essentailly the same computers. how many fans do you have?

my cpu is around 28C, gpu around 35C, hdds around 27C, mobo around 36C

I guess you switched CPU and mobo temp?

wow that is high, rly high. espeically since we have essentailly the same computers. how many fans do you have?

my cpu is around 28C, gpu around 35C, hdds around 27C, mobo around 36C

You've also got 3 more fans than he does - and I'm guessing that they're running faster than his are. Also, Ninja vs stock CPU heatsink. Even with an overclock, the Ninja outdoes most heatsinks out there these days.

He's tried to go for quiet and reasonable computing, while you've probably aimed for maximum cooling. Oh... and 44C for a load temperature is not "really high". It's only high to those people who are completely paranoid about temperatures. Anything below 60C is perfectly acceptable for A64 systems.

I've removed the front and top fan. My CPU and GPU temps went up 2C. I opened the window (a real window) and:

CPU = -6C

GPU = -13C

HDD1 = -11C

HDD2 = -10C

...in the last 20-25 minutes.

Edited by Jeremy

can you do me a favour.....take a picture of the layout of your case and post in then we can see how we can improve some stats

A picture has already been taken: Here. It's of when I still had those two fans in my PC. And to improve your stats, place your PC on the windowsill when it's really cold out. :P

Edited by Jeremy

ok, what you do is spend some cash, by your self cpu cooler....along zalman lines.....by some good AS5.....and run that in for a bit, and give us some temp readings i think the layout is ok you may have to change you cpu cooler

ok, what you do is spend some cash, by your self cpu cooler....along zalman lines.....by some good AS5.....and run that in for a bit, and give us some temp readings i think the layout is ok you may have to change you cpu cooler

I run anything like that by PuntoMX and Zxian as they have a great deal of knowledge between and I trust their recommendations. Cash is something I don't have a whole lot of and when I do it can't go towards my PC on a regular basis. I'm planning on replacing my CPU heatsink with an Arctic Cooling Freezer as explained earlier in this topic. The Zalman would be good but is too expensive for me at the moment. I already use AS5 out of preference although I don't think it matters a great deal specifically which paste you use. My temperatures as nowhere near anything to be worried about under full load as I did a lot of monitoring last night with Everest while talking to Punto on Skype. I'm not worried about them for the time being.

I think people over-exagerate or become too paranoid about temperatures without actually experimenting by taking one fan out at a time and testing to see any difference in temperatures. I spent 10 minutes doing this and found out I don't need two fans that came with my case. I also realize I would be happier with a smaller case.

you took fans out and the temp didnt change, i really dont see how that is possible. its not even like u have enough fans to allow you to take a fan out. if i turn any of my 4 upper chamber fans off, then my temps defiently go up a few degrees. btw, ur case is vry neat compared to how most ppl do their p180's.