Installation of Internet Explorer 7

geigs

Trying that one atm. but still doesn't explain the KB928090 update, and the fact it works well when not slipstreaming, but using the IE7SVCPACK=1 option

Have you removed that option in .ini file? I haven't removed it but it works well... Have you tried to download again the update?

Edited by S3pHiroTh

Have you removed that option in .ini file? I haven't removed it but it works well... Have you tried to download again the update?

Yes I removed that option.. otherwise it would install at T-13 intead of slipstream into the source (or am I wrong here?)

To tell HFSLIP that you'd prefer Internet Explorer 7 to be installed at T-13, specify IE7SVCPACK=1 in HFANSWER.INI, the answer file that is to be placed in HFTOOLS.
Edited by Glowy

Yes I removed that option.. otherwise it would install at T-13 intead of slipstream into the source (or am I wrong here?)

To tell HFSLIP that you'd prefer Internet Explorer 7 to be installed at T-13, specify IE7SVCPACK=1 in HFANSWER.INI, the answer file that is to be placed in HFTOOLS.

I slipstream Ie7 with the test release, and I have that option set in that file. All works well.

Now I'm confused... :unsure: when setting the option IE7SVCPACK=1 HFSLIP installs IE7 at T-13 instead of slipstreaming (right?)

so how can you be slipstreaming IE7 when you have the IE7SVCPACK=1 option set?

Sure when I set the option it works for me too, but then it wouldn't be slipstreamed but installed at T-13 (right?)

Now I'm confused... :unsure: when setting the option IE7SVCPACK=1 HFSLIP installs IE7 at T-13 instead of slipstreaming (right?)

so how can you be slipstreaming IE7 when you have the IE7SVCPACK=1 option set?

Sure when I set the option it works for me too, but then it wouldn't be slipstreamed but installed at T-13 (right?)

I think that in the latest test release, the method from SVCPACK is been removed. I haven't any IE7 package that install at T-13

maybe Tommyp or Tomcat76 can say something about that. and what method to use.

Edit: the new WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86-Standalone.exe works, and no WU thanks for that, but the cummulative IE7 patch (KB928090) still shows up on WU

Edited by Glowy

maybe Tommyp or Tomcat76 can say something about that. and what method to use.

Edit: the new WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86-Standalone.exe works, and no WU thanks for that, but the cummulative IE7 patch (KB928090) still shows up on WU

I'm testing without that option (IE7SVCPACK), I want to see if the bug is that or not.

HFSLIP 1.3.1:

- use info on "Important things to know" page for WinXP and Win2K3

Current test release and future final:

- use info on "Important things to know" page for Win2K3

- for WinXP, IE7 is slipstreamed; the IE7SVCPACK variable is ignored

Glowy I don't know why you have that problem with IE update, I have tested once again but I haven't had any error, the only one update that WU shows me is related to KB925720 (february update) that isn't released through microsoft site yet. I'll post my log, so you can try to understand why your installation doesn't work

HFSLIP.TXT

OK so IE7SVCPACK has nothing to do with it.

but:

Tried with 70228b still the same.. even cleaned out everything not on the dynamic list. still no go.

redownloaded the patch no change

when starting IE7 it does a runonce.. hangs at 100% cpu

when going directly to a url or windows update no problem.

hfnetchk:

* WINDOWS XP SP2

Patch NOT Installed MS07-016 928090
File C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll has a file version
[6.0.2900.2995] that is less than what is expected [6.0.2900.3059].

tried with 1.3.1 => no problem.

Why will it not slipstream :realmad:

Edited by Glowy

I noticed that too... trying to figure out where it came from right now...

I don't get it.. IE7 package contains browseui.dll version 6.0.2900.2995

but none of the updates contains the expected 6.0.2900.3059, but is included in the KB928090 update for ie6

Edited by Glowy

weird.... even when only including SP2, IE7 and IE7 patches, WU still comes up with KB928090. IE still hangs at 100% when starting from start menu.

HFSLIP.LOG:

HFSLIP Version - 70301a

HFSLIP Path - C:\HFSLIP\

OS in SOURCESS - XP SP2 Dutch

Drivers - DRIVER.CAB Updated

CD Install Path - Default

CDTAG - WIN51

===============================================================================
Files in your FIX folder:
winnt.sif

Files in your HF folder:
IE7-KB928090-WindowsXP-x86-nld.exe
IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-nld.exe
IE7-WindowsXP-x86-nld.exe
WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-NLD.exe
WindowsXP-KB928255-x86-NLD.exe

Files in your HFCABS folder:

Files in your HFSVCPACK folder:

Files in your HFSVCPACK_SW folder:

Files in your HFGUIRUNONCE folder:

Files in your HFTOOLS folder:
bbie.exe
bbie.lic
BOOT.BIN
CDIMAGE.EXE
cmdow.exe
cygwin1.dll
extract.exe
HFANSWER.INI
mkisofs.exe
modifyPE.exe

===============================================================================
HFSLIP run time: 10m59s

After letting WU install the update everything works fine, when starting IE from startmenu the question for enable-ing phisingfilter comes up.

browseui.dll still at 6.0.2900.2995 so this file has nothing to do with IE7 not working properly.

After this did a new install with the same source, and installed KB928090 manually same result no problems.

Still confused.. and still want IE7 hotfixes slipstreamed :rolleyes:

any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Glowy