Installation of Internet Explorer 7

geigs

i have the exact same issue

File C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll has a file version [6.0.2900.3020] that is less than what is expected [6.0.2900.3059].

hfnetchk log file attached.

OS is XP MCE

HFSLIP Version - 70228b

IE7 + updates are all slipstreamed. IE7SVCPACK value not touched i.e., stock

Edited by johndoe74

It seems everyone has this problem. Even I have it. It's likely only a problem with Microsoft's XML file.

Edit: It can ONLY be Microsoft's problem. Like the_guy said, KB928090 for IE7 does not contain browseui.dll. KB928090 for IE6 does, however. The XML file does not distinguish between the two versions.

Edited by Super-Magician

But, how can it be that when the update is installed, browseui.dll is still at the "old" version (6.0.2900.3020) and hfnetchk still complains, but WU doesn't complain ???

What file is WU checking? any way to check what WU is checking to see if an update is installed or not?

edit: did a check, no files are updated (files are already at version level 7.0.6000.16414, only some registry keys, checking now on a clean install if importing these keys is enough to have WU stop complaining

Edit2: nope just the reg key didn't work :(

And

When not slipstreaming, but installing at T-13 there is no problem, so there are multiple problems here.. (The WU and the hfnetchk problem)

- hfnetchk always complains about browseui.dll wheter IE7 is installed manually, slipstreamed or installed at T-13

(I don't think browseui.dll is part of the WU problem, this is no serious problem only cosmetic when running hfnetchk)

- WU complains about KB928090 only when IE7 is slipstreamed

(So I do think hfslip has something to do with it, as I said before: browseui.dll is always the "older" version when installing IE7 + hotfixes no matter what method is used)

so let's drop the browseui.dll issue, and look further at the WU problem.

Edited by Glowy