[Release] Adobe Reader 9.0 Lite

Shark007

Polish Adobe Reader 8.1.2 is at last available

Would it be possible to have a polish version of Adobe reader 8.1.2 Lite ? ... Thx in advance

I will prepare it for you a.s.a.p.

I use dialup, it will take several days to complete the request. I'll post again once it is available.

shar

Edited by Shark007

I've downloaded the Dutch version, because I'd like to integrate it with RVM Integrator. Since I didn't get an addon I don't know how I should do this.

I've read post 16 and Shark007's comments and tried to follow the codepack link, however still can't figure it out :wacko:

Please provide a simple explanation of what to do to integrate this download with RVM Integrator.

Radix, your link doesn't help me out. I understand it uses SVCPACK, whilst in post #15 here is stated this release "is not svcpack compatible".

So the question remains how to get this release into a RVM Integrator compatible addon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shark,

I can try to make turkish adobe reader lite version. I wanna delete useless plugins. (acroform.api etc.) Deleting this file result, acrobat display error message " Invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit". What's the method for making lite versions. I was made old version without problem. This version make me crazy. :)

Sorry for my bad english.

I can try to make turkish adobe reader lite version. I wanna delete useless plugins. (acroform.api etc.) Deleting this file result, acrobat display error message " Invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit". What's the method for making lite versions. I was made old version without problem. This version make me crazy. :)

Sorry for my bad english.

1st of all... this is a global community and no apology is needed for grammer.

The simple fact that I understand your request is good enough for me.

I'll prepare a Lite version in Turkish soon, and make it available for all.

To assist you in learning how I create these lite versions I am willing to provide a transforms file (turkish.mst) for you to use for comparrison to the original msi and note the changes made. If you have some basic MSI editting skills already, this should make it undstandable. Also pay attention to changes I make in the registry, they are important to avoid some errors messages.

basic proceedure;

step 1 - edit the MSI

step 2 - create an AIP from the editted MSI (administrative install point)

step 3 - repackage resulting files into a 7zip installer

And as a last note, I use dialup, pls bear with me, this will take some time but I will get this done a.s.a.p.

shark

Edited by Shark007

Thanks you Shark. I will waiting your transform file and lite setup. I know you use dial-up, no problem for me.

The supplied transforms file CANNOT be directly applied using orca.

The editting I do to create the lite versions CANNOT be done with orca.

You need to use InstallShield. (free trial versions are available for testing purposes)

One other thing needs to be mentioned. After creating the AIP 2 plugin files need to be re-added to the AIP using Installshield. search.api and search5.api will be missing from the AIP files. Using Installshield open the AIP msi and delete these 2 files from the files section. Once you delete them in Installshield you need to re-add them from either an installed version on your computer or an AIP created from the original msi.

Turkish Lite 8.1.2

shark

turkish.mst

Edited by Shark007

* * * C A U T I O N * * *

shameless plug follows, do not click the quicktime link unless you are over 21 yrs of age or older.

Thanks Shark, made Adobe a useful reader again.

:thumbup

I couldnt have said it better myself. The bloat of this reader is uneeded.

This stripped down version meets the needs of most people.

It's no different than the stripped down version of Quicktime that I release.

shark

Edited by Shark007