Remove password protected softare

sedd_18

I got a copy of Symantec Anti-virus from work, I looked into the licensing agreement and everything before getting the software from my work. I even talked with our IT manager about getting the software, everything is legit. The problem is when they gave me the disk it was the wrong disk and it has a password in it that no one knows and I can't uninstall it and install the correct version. Anyone know a way to get around this?

try to killbox it. from the program files directory. either a standard kill or a boot time kill should work.

if that doesn't work, i don't know what to say.

you could also try norton killer, thats easy.

and after all that, get Avast. its better.

Edited by bonestonne

You're wasting your time with Symantec, anyway. Everyone I've ever known and read about online that's ever used Symantec has encountered many problems while using the software, ones that aren't even related to anti-virus. Leave it up to the very manufacturer of the product you're using to send you the wrong disk with a password on it and not inform you. :whistle:

My blog post about Anti-Virus.

You're using this for use at home? Grab a copy of Kaspersky or NOD32.

You want proof that these two products rock? AV-Comparatives.org

And for even more info, check out this topic.

I am not asking to do anything illeagal, I can send you the information needed to prove that I have aquired this software leagally. I'm not asking to bypass something so much as fix a problem that my IT folks can't fix, if this still falls outside the guidelines here I apologize.