Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

Hi,

I just saw this Tip: Make sure Q828026 is queued up after WMP9 in svcpack.inf

I have slipstreamed Rollup 1 (Q828026) using Aarons guide, so can I install WMP9 in svcpack.inf?

And was wondering if this would stuff anything up.

cheers,

dare2001

Can we add the switches to the first post for media player and the dx 9 packages hosted on cjb?

dx9_setup.exe /Q:A /R:N

mp_setup.exe /Q:A /R:N /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoPID /DisallowSystemRestore"

Thanks,

-Brian

The DirectX 9 OPK is switchless, you won't need /Q:A /R:N

mp_setup.exe /Q:A /R:N /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoPID /DisallowSystemRestore"

Have you tested this with MpSetup_WMP9_ENU.exe from that page?

No advantage, it would just be more convenient to get the essential core Windows apps installed during that stage if you was making a generic unattended CD for someone.

And, yes you can have a hotfix for WMP9 on a line below WMP9MM2.exe in svcpack.inf, and also http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828026 supersedes 819639.

This is what mine looks like, to date:

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
update.exe -q -n
Q330994.exe /Q:A /R:N
JS56NEN.exe /Q:A /R:N
Q816093.exe /Q:A /R:N
Q823182.exe /Q /U /N /Z
Q824105.exe /Q /U /N /Z
Q824141.exe /Q /U /N /Z
Q825119.exe /Q /U /N /Z
Q828035.exe /Q /U /N /Z
Q828750.exe /Q:A /R:N
DX9NTopk.exe
WMP9MM2.exe
Q828026.exe /Q /U /N /Z
DOTNET1_1.EXE
MSNM6.exe
qchain.exe

Thanks, AaronXP!

Very useful to see your updated svcpack.inf file. Almost identical to mine, except for my outdated 819639, and that I'm missing 816093, .Net Framework and MSN Messenger 6.

However, I need to ask two questions regarding the differences:

1. I do not install 816093 at all, yet when I run Windows Update, it does not show I need it (and I do install MSJavaVM).

2. I see you install .Net Framework and MSN Messenger 6 from your svc.pack.inf file... Are these OPK versions? Or just the regular versions we previously installed via .msi installation files? If OPK, where can I get them?

Thanks in advance!

:)

However, I need to ask two questions regarding the differences:

1. I do not install 816093 at all, yet when I run Windows Update, it does not show I need it (and I do install MSJavaVM).

Strange that, I supposed that's good then...?

Open up regedit and browse to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608500}

And check to see if its Version: 5,0,3810,0

2. I see you install .Net Framework and MSN Messenger 6 from your svc.pack.inf file... Are these OPK versions? Or just the regular versions we previously installed via .msi installation files? If OPK, where can I get them?

These 2 files are repacked with iexpress to allow them to install, you can follow GreenMachine's guide to iexpress at http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/IEXPRESS/iexpress.htm

AaronXP,

Given this quote from GreenMachine:

Of the three .MSI pacakges I have re-packaged (DotNet FrameWork, Windows Messenger and Journal Viewer), I recieived an error from both Windows Messenger and Journal Viewer when installed from the SVCPACK.INF section, and no errors when run from the GuiRunOnce section

I am still concerned about your svcpack.inf... Did you fix those errors GreenMachine talks about?

Finally, if your DOTNET1_1.EXE and MSNM6.exe files are trouble free, is there any chance at all you might post them for us to download? (Going for broke on that one!)

:)