Someone's Been Trying To Gain Access To My E-Mail Accounts

Hey guys,

Last night as I chatted with some of my buddies on MSN, I was suddenly kicked off with the message saying "You have signed in at another location." First thing I thought was, "Wow... Someone went through the trouble of guessing my Windows Live ID's Secret Question and got it right," and I was right. Luckily, I was able to sent a password reset e-mail to an alternate e-mail address.

When I got home tonight I found three (!!) password reset e-mails, two for my Windows Live ID and one for my Google Account, that I had not requested. This is really starting to annoy me, and I become paranoid when it comes to security. I feel like whoever's trying to get in will eventually get it, despite having a secure password and a now unguessable Secret Question.

So my question to you all is the following... Is there a way to contact Microsoft and/or Google from blocking further attempts in the next several days? I have already sent an e-mail to Microsoft regarding my Windows Live ID but I doubt I'll get a response. Otherwise... What should I do?

If you pick an 8 character alpha-numeric password, I wouldn't worry. As for the secret question? I'd put as many random characters as possible. Personally, I think secret questions are the stupidest security flaw ever invented. It's like a public back door to your password.

Check out this article about the effects of password lengths and character combinations.

If you pick an 8 character alpha-numeric password, I wouldn't worry. As for the secret question? I'd put as many random characters as possible. Personally, I think secret questions are the stupidest security flaw ever invented. It's like a public back door to your password.

Check out this article about the effects of password lengths and character combinations.

Ha, yeah, I'm not too worried about the password itself (mine is 17 alpha-numeric characters), it's that **** secret question... But I think I've got a way to trick some people... :P

Ha, yeah, I'm not too worried about the password itself (mine is 17 alpha-numeric characters), it's that **** secret question... But I think I've got a way to trick some people... :P

Secret question: What's your favorite pet's name?

Answer: <favorite video game or something totally unrelated>

Secret question: What's your favorite pet's name?

Answer: <favorite video game or something totally unrelated>

Ha... My password would take the world's fastest super-computer around 120 million years to crack!! :P 2.87x10^26 combinations! :P

I must take care from now on because I have the same ID, same secret question, same password for every thing on the internet.

If I have been hacked by any one, I'll be totally naked.

mgadallah that wasnt the best information to bring to light, because if some one wanted you, you sure made it easier for them now,,

I must take care from now on because I have the same ID, same secret question, same password for every thing on the internet.If I have been hacked by any one, I'll be totally naked.
mgadallah that wasnt the best information to bring to light, because if some one wanted you, you sure made it easier for them now,,
It does not matter now, because every thing were changed befor my last post according to recomendations in this article. Thanks :)

I must take care from now on because I have the same ID, same secret question, same password for every thing on the internet.If I have been hacked by any one, I'll be totally naked.
It does not matter now, because every thing were changed befor my last post according to recomendations in this article. Thanks :)

Heh, yeah, that article came in handy... I'd like to see who would try clustering a bunch of super-computers in order to crack my password! :P