Unattended Guide for Vista

I have been deploying Vista through my server for a while now and it works great. The tools that Microsoft provided with their OPK cd are enough and no extra nlites or vlites are necessary to configure proper setups this time. Since applying parameters to the autouannatend.xml it's made easy using the imaging system. And the catalog files used for that purpose handle over 7000+ controls applied to the setup and configuration which only 10 - 20 are really used for basic.

I don’t have time to write a guide but I would be happy to provide answers to specific questions on deploying Vista through WDS.

Edited by Saiera

I have been deploying Vista through my server for a while now and it works great. The tools that Microsoft provided with their OPK cd are enough and no extra nlites or vlites are necessary to configure proper setups this time. Since applying parameters to the autouannatend.xml it's made easy using the imaging system. And the catalog files used for that purpose handle over 7000+ controls applied to the setup and configuration which only 10 - 20 are really used for basic.

I don’t have time to write a guide but I would be happy to provide answers to specific questions on deploying Vista through WDS.

What kind of documentations are you using?

I'm assuming that no one has manage to make a unattended install of Vista?

I have certainly unattended Vista, however its no where I'd like it to be in comparison to where I have XP.

Guess it will be some time yet. But in saying that making up ground all the time & you'll find the Waik.chm files very helpful through most.

I'm assuming that no one has manage to make a unattended install of Vista?

I have certainly unattended Vista, however its no where I'd like it to be in comparison to where I have XP.

Guess it will be some time yet. But in saying that making up ground all the time & you'll find the Waik.chm files very helpful through most.

I guess I'll stay with Windows XP Professional for now. It's lighter and runs better on both my desktop and laptop.

or better yet, dual boot them if you willing to put in a little time there Strider, How?

Grab my VistaUA light in my sig and give it a whirl. Or don't you have that want to in your blood. That Dream Scene is pretty impressive in the Ultimate

Edited by maxXPsoft

or better yet, dual boot them if you willing to put in a little time there Strider, How?

Grab my VistaUA light in my sig and give it a whirl. Or don't you have that want to in your blood. That Dream Scene is pretty impressive in the Ultimate

I don't have Vista Ultimate, just business.

well the app works with all

Vista is impressive the way it handles memory and a lot of other things if you want to mess with it. I do have XP on so I'm dual booting with XP as the primary. Its a learning experience for us all.

• 2 weeks later...

im just starting to play with WAIK but i dont know if there is a deployment method that can take you to a final image file to burn and install just like winxp with cdimage.

the waik is supposed to make an image for netwotk share distribution, so many opf us that want to deply it from time to time individually are stuck with a hard disk image?

im still reading some docs on BDD and WAIK to see if i can come up with some iso file so we can burn-boot-install.

im just starting to play with WAIK but i dont know if there is a deployment method that can take you to a final image file to burn and install just like winxp with cdimage.

the waik is supposed to make an image for netwotk share distribution, so many opf us that want to deply it from time to time individually are stuck with a hard disk image?

im still reading some docs on BDD and WAIK to see if i can come up with some iso file so we can burn-boot-install.

VistaUA will do this take you from start to finish and create iso and burn it:))

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=93215&view=findpost&p=627262

• 3 weeks later...