Integrating IE7 & WMP11

RBCC

WMP11-Integration ist no problem.

Just download WMP11 in your svcpack-directory and add following line to your svcpack.inf:

"wmp11-windowsxp-x86-DE-DE.exe /Q:A /C:""setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoMigrate /P:#e /DisallowSystemRestore"""

Just change the name of the setup-file if necessary.

I also searching for a possibility to integrate IE7.

I tried nLite but unfortunately setup crashes in VMWare with the nLite-integration-method. :}

Al

We appreciate your help, AlBundy33, but HFSLIP is a program for slipstreaming hotfixes, not integrating them. There are tons of programs out there for that, like nLite, plus the method you describe.

We already know of the SVCPACK method, but thanks anyway.

If you want to integrate Internet Explorer 7, it's easy enough to add it to SVCPACK and run the setup file with the /passive /norestart switches (or, if you prefer a completely silent installation, use /quiet /norestart). Of course, you can also create a silent switchless installer.

Edited by Super-Magician

i also already know the silent-switches for ie7 - the Problem is, that my XP Pro is an MSDNAA-version which needs to be activated.

Without activation IE7-setup fails. :}

This is because why I'm searching for a way to replace the original IE-Files from XP Pro SP2-CD with the IE7-files in hope the it will work.

Al

WGA ist not the problem - my hope is, to integrate IE7 and have to do the check on first start of IE7.

--> This is like WMP11 it does - I install WMP11 during T13 in svcpack.inf (not activated and not wga-verified) but on first WMP-start I have to do the check, if I want to use WMP11.

I don't want to do the check unattended - because I think every user should decide for himself if he want's to do the check or not.

Al

Edited by AlBundy33

check = WGA-validation. ;)

It's no problem if the IE ist not usable without WGA-validation - if a user decides not to do the validation he can't use IE7 but I don't want to do the validiation without user agreement.

--> So I'm looking for a possibility to replace ie6 with ie7 hoping that it works like WMP.

Al

It SLIPSTREAMED it? You sure? I tried it again last night with HFSLIP and the two files I mentioned before (wininet.dll and iesetup.dll) still aren't accepted by Windows Setup. Other problems I noticed:

- there's no title for the IE7 window (neither in its title bar nor in the taskbar button)

- Internet connection is broken

Incidentally... How do you "go Home" with IE7? And how do you get the "menu bar" (File, Edit, View,...)?

It SLIPSTREAMED it? You sure? I tried it again last night with HFSLIP and the two files I mentioned before (wininet.dll and iesetup.dll) still aren't accepted by Windows Setup. Other problems I noticed:

- there's no title for the IE7 window (neither in its title bar nor in the taskbar button)

- Internet connection is broken

I'll check again tomorrow but as far as I've seen it is slipstreamed (especially, nothing in SVCPACK and installation not longer than usual [iE7 took several minutes to install when upgrading from IE6, post-install]). I'll check file versions too.

However, I've only checked internet connection inside VMWare (and only got DHCP here)

Incidentally... How do you "go Home" with IE7? And how do you get the "menu bar" (File, Edit, View,...)?

1-Below my search bar, I have some buttons. As they are on the save level as the tabs, they may not show when tab navigation is disabled.

2-Press ALT (the key next to the space bar ;) ). You can use the "Tools" button just below the search bar.

i can confirm that latest version of nLite (1.2.1) actually slipstreams IE7 i.e. overwrites IE6 files and add entries to TXTSETUP.SIF, DOSNET.INF, SYSOC.INF ..etc. As it is sliplstreamed it cannot be uninstalled and no activation or WGA check is needed while slipstreaming or installation.

The terminology of slipstream and integration is a little loose and a lot of time people say integration when they actually mean slipstream. As far as i know nlite slipstreames all SP, hotfixes and IE7 but refers to them as integration.