Integrating IE7 & WMP11

RBCC

I've copied the command from my svcpack.inf which is 100% working.

Of course you have to replace my wmp11-setup-filename with yours (because I have the german version).

If you want to try this command line in a shell

"wmp11-windowsxp-x86-DE-DE.exe /Q:A /C:""setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoMigrate /P:#e /DisallowSystemRestore"""

you have to remove the outer " and replace the "" with " to have this new command line for your shell

wmp11-windowsxp-x86-DE-DE.exe /Q:A /C:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoMigrate /P:#e /DisallowSystemRestore"

Hope this helps.

If not you should tell us, what error-message you get.

Al

@AlBundy33

Hmmm...this is odd. I redownloaded wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe a few moments ago (updated to 11.0.5721.5146). I try this command again and it works like a charm this time!

wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe /Q:A /C:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoMigrate /P:#e /DisallowSystemRestore"

The only thing I have yet to solve though is why I can't get setup_wm.exe within wmp11.exe (which is inside the main package) to work with those switches.

Note: Since we are using the /C switch on the main package, running the switches on the setup_wm.exe inside wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe will work. However, I'm trying to run setup_wm.exe inside wmp11.exe silently.

Well, thanks for the help, and sorry for jumping to conclusions. If you can solve this ^^ I'd be very grateful!

@Tomcat76, maybe this will help for WMP11. Also, just in case you missed it, version 11.0.5721.5146 was released.

This post has been edited.

Edited by Super-Magician

No problem but whats your problem with setup_wm.exe?!?

If you extract wmp11.exe and use setup_wm.exe from command line you only have to use the command inside the quotes from /C:-param.

setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoMigrate /P:#e /DisallowSystemRestore

The /Q means that the setup will run quiet - so I don't understand what's your problem with this command.

If this is not your problem could please explain what you mean?

Al

what did you mean with terminates?

Did you mean that you fall back to the user prompt or that setup_wm.exe is not listed in taskmanager?

If you only fall back to user prompt have a look into the taskmanager if setup_wm.exe-process exists or try this command.

start /wait setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoMigrate /P:#e /DisallowSystemRestore

If setup_wm.exe really terminates after some seconds try to start only setup_wm.exe to see if it shows an error-message.

Al

I've actually tried everything I can think of with that.

Yes, I monitored the task manager, and setup_wm.exe just quits after about three seconds without actually installing anything. No, I don't receive any error message after launching just setup_wm.exe without any switches.

Trying it with start /wait also makes it return to the prompt after a few seconds (indicating that it has quit again).

I don't know if setup_wm.exe creates a log file - but you can check your %WINDIR%, %WINDIR%\Temp or %TEMP% if such a log exists.

And you should take a look into your event log - maybe the error is listet there.

Al

[EDIT]

It's not exactly your problem but maybe this blog can help you: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/200.../29/682936.aspx

[/EDIT]

Edited by AlBundy33