Winnt.sif Program Ver 1.0 Released!

b0r3d

Okay guys, im almost done with version 1.1

ive done some more tweaking.

Version 1.1

11/9/03 - Fixed a few issues with text that would cause the bottoms of G's and Y's to be cut off

11/9/03 - Added country code link and webpage

11/9/03 - Fixed some spelling mistakes

11/9/03 - Added default profile path to the GUIUnattended screen

11/9/03 - Major change in the GUI adding treeview style navigation

11/9/03 - Added a view feature to the finish screen

11/9/03 - Fixed a bug where when saving over a file, it would append to it, not overwrite it

Ill just add some help notes, then ill release it.

You need the .net framework for this program to run.

Why this? What if i don't like it or don't have it?

I always code my programs that it could be used with plain windows (nearly all run under win9x and up).

What environment/language do you use? Mine is Delphi 6.0/Pascal or JBuilder 7/Java.

Attention: Thoes who care...

Version 1.1 is now released! Added some new features and revamped the GUI.

Download: Version 1.1

Screenshots:

sshot2.JPG

sshot3.JPG

sshot4.JPG

I just realized that i forgot to change the version number at the top of the program (still reads 1.0) lol. No biggie. You guys can deal with it :rolleyes:

Remember: If you find any bugs/typo's or have any suggestions, let me know.

Also, if you know of anymore windows variables other than the ones listed (im sure there are a bucketload more) can you post them please. Ill add them to the list.

Note: Still looking for a webpage'r :D

Enjoy! :)

I'm very new to all this (started yesterday) and i'm sure this program of yours will make my life so much easier, thanks for taking the time to code it and i look forward to future releases.

Thank you very much :rolleyes: Comments like yours makes it all worth while :)

I get this weird error when I start it up.. I dunno if you've addressed this error and I am just lazy or if it's a new error..

I come to the first information screen.. Click next and then I get this..

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Font 'Courier New' doesn't support style 'Regular'.
  at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
  at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet)
  at WINNTSIF.Form2.InitializeComponent()
  at WINNTSIF.Form2..ctor()
  at WINNTSIF.Form1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 1.0.3300.0
   Win32 Version: 1.0.3705.288
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.0.3705/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WINNTSIF
   Assembly Version: 1.0.1349.12109
   Win32 Version: 1.0.1349.12109
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Micke/Desktop/Winnt%20.SIF%20Creator%20v1.1/1.1/WINNTSIF.exe
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.3300.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.3300.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

How come I get this and what can I do to get past it??

Other than this I find this software to be a pretty nifty program.:) Good work man..

Hey B0r3d I was just looking over you programm and i think I am not able to use it. At your section "Windows Variables" you use "C:\Documents and Settings" als %profiledir%. That's very nice of you, but in Germany it's "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen" and as was not planning to change the windows language again....

Talking of languages, what about a german.ini, english. ini, hebrew.ini, polish.ini and what else we can offer from users of this forum? Any plans regarding this?

Hope you didn't get me wrong, your program is great!!!!!

Hey B0r3d I was just looking over you programm and i think I am not able to use it. At your section "Windows Variables" you use "C:\Documents and Settings" als %profiledir%. That's very nice of you, but in Germany it's "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen" and as was not planning to change the windows language again....

Talking of languages, what about a german.ini, english. ini, hebrew.ini, polish.ini and what else we can offer from users of this forum? Any plans regarding this?

Hope you didn't get me wrong, your program is great!!!!!

That option in there is so you can change the profiles directory to wherever you like.

The variable %profiledir% isnt one i made up. Its one incorperated within windows. C:\Documents and Settings is just the example default. If you have installed Windows XP under a different language, im sure that the variable will point to your languages equivilant.

If you dont trust me, just remove the setting from the preview of the winnt.sif file on the finish page :)

As for the <insert language here>.ini, could you please be more specific? I'm afraid i dont understand the question :rolleyes:

:) Yo, nice job on the new GUI. I wasn't expecting to implemented the tree list panel so soon. At least not from the email reply that I got. Hehehe :rolleyes: Yahoooo... It's awsome...

Here are some little advices to make the various listings much easier to read.

1. Checkbox listing.

Have the checkbox align to the left side and have the description follow after checkbox. The line warp is should after the checkbox. One example is in in Unattended section.

2. Align everything to left instead of centering.

3. Sort by Group and then sort by Alphebatical Order in Components Section.

Example: Games, Multimedia, Utils, Others.

That's all now. Thanks again for your awsome program.

Ahh... One more thing, make sure you install in a simple installation notes such the requirements for .NET Framework and where to download.

-Kenneth

Thanks for the comments. Ill keep thoes in mind when i start on the next version :)

This version seems pretty stable. I dont think ill update the GUI untill people start swaming me with bugs and problems that need to be fixed.