Repetitive BSOD while running P2P apps

hmaster10

Most of P2P software use a lot connexions a the same time and since SP2 XP has a limited number of thesse connexions. It can by modified by editing a reg key but i don't remember which one. Look on the MS website.

you could also solve your issue by not running them. reduces the chances of getting a virus too. not to mention the chances of getting caught. i don't know many people who can afford $2000 a song. i sure as heck cant. i don't use any p2p software. if i want it, i buy it. if i don't have the money for it, i find a friend who has it. much safer. like im borrowing one of my teachers spools of CDs, that'll give me plenty of music :lol:

Most of P2P software use a lot connexions a the same time and since SP2 XP has a limited number of thesse connexions. It can by modified by editing a reg key but i don't remember which one. Look on the MS website.

If anything, that'd only make things worse. The limitation on the number of connections is on half-open connections - or connections that haven't been closed. I haven't patched my system, and I'm still able to make plenty of connections when using BitTorrent (plenty > 500).

Check the drive for errors using chkdsk and then run System File Checker. What anti-virus program and firewall are you using? Poor ones might improperly hook into the network stack and cause problems.

I always having a BSOD when running P2P apps like limewire.

error message:

tcpip.sys - address fa6c1448 base at fa6be000

I have already tried the ff:

1) reinstalling the network card driver

2) check RAM (found no error / damage)

Don't you know that is part of a new Windows fix??? :P:blink::blushing::w00t:

error message:

windows update will fix it? (if that is what you mean by your post) :blushing:

What anti-virus program and firewall are you using? Poor ones might improperly hook into the network stack and cause problems.
This is my guess too... firewalls especially don't like handling hundreds of connections at once.

What anti-virus program and firewall are you using? Poor ones might improperly hook into the network stack and cause problems.
This is my guess too... firewalls especially don't like handling hundreds of connections at once.

I'm using avg anti-virus (no firewall included) and no firewall (not even window's), and I'm using this app before and I'm only getting this problem now.

I think theres a fix program in Hirens BootCD which can be downloaded here.

REMOVED - No links to warez.

its called XP-TCPIP-Winsock-Repair.bat, if you try that maybe it would solve your problem? It rewrites the registry keys to make it look as though the TCP/IP protocol has been reinstalled. Just a suggestion.

I think theres a fix program in Hirens BootCD which can be downloaded here.

REMOVED - No links to warez

its called XP-TCPIP-Winsock-Repair.bat, if you try that maybe it would solve your problem? It rewrites the registry keys to make it look as though the TCP/IP protocol has been reinstalled. Just a suggestion.

i'll try this, and post what results i get, thank you

EDIT: it did not work

Edited by Zxian

Sounds like a rare hardware/driver incompatibility with the software. For future reference, this is an excellent resource for troubleshooting all kinds of Windows STOP/BSOD messages. No reference of 'tcpip.sys' is mentioned there.

I'd suggest using another known-good NIC card.

error message:

windows update will fix it? (if that is what you mean by your post) :blushing:

No I jokingly meant a windows fix caused the problem.