web hosting

Thauzar

I see a lot of sites offering web hosting

Even msfn is offering web hosting. But how to compare?

how come, for cheaper, I could get 40,000MB of webspace and 900GB bandwith while some other sites like msfn offer less space and bandwith for more $$

???

How can I make a good decision in this sea of "deals" and "incredible offers"? I'll go with the top suggestions.

What I need to host is a radio show produced weekly, file is .mp3 about 110MB each, with archives for the old shows. About 500-1500 listerners every week.

Thanks for your opinions and tips.

• 2 weeks later...

This Google search finds some interesting guides and reviews.

This one, in particular, looks good.

how come, for cheaper, I could get 40,000MB of webspace and 900GB bandwith while some other sites like msfn offer less space and bandwith for more $$
As with anything in life: You get what you pay for. If you pay more money, you should normally expect to receive better uptimes, support, backup, net defense, etc.

But I recommend you just go with http://msfnhosting.com ;):whistle:

Well, it really depends what you need too - i.e. what server side tech you want/need (static html? php/mysql? asp.net/mssql? java/oracle? etc perhaps multicast if you want a "live" show, not just a "download only" version). And like some said, reliability and support varies GREATLY from one to another. Lots of little things can vary from one to another (different control panel, slightly different configs, etc). "Nicer" hosting packages often include extras too (more accounts, mailing lists, sometimes pre installed apps like forums/blogs/CMS'es/etc)

Don't fall for the ridiculously too good looking deals. Things like "unlimited bandwidth" - as in, it's just so slow you couldn't ever use too much in the first place (or then again, perhaps half-decent speed, but you'll need to buy extra space at a premium price). TINSTAAFL. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

If you just want some basic hosting, msfn hosting has pretty good pricing for what you get, and from what others say it sounds like they've got good service (I don't use them myself, so I can't say). I think you'd be hard pressed to find good service (on a similar plan) for much cheaper.