5.5 bugs

Also a small typo in the Config page of the manual

Install order

If a unique number is supplied, the items given numbers will be sorted in that order when installing. Items not given numbers will be installed after themse items.

Hi,

just a question, I installed the new version and it stated 'wrong version' for some themes. I didn't find any reference about another change in the themes from 5.4 to 5.5, so that might be a minor problem to be fixed easily?

Thanx to all of you for the great work you're giving to us, and the endless hours of coding you're donating to the community! :thumbup

It isn't a real bug, but I think it wasn't there in WPI 5.4. If you choose another language than english (or autoselect) and open the optionstab, everything is displayed in the right language. If you now directly open the config screen, everything is english. If you close the optionsscreen before opening config screen, the config screen is displayed in the right language.

I make a config with WPI.

I work on XP, 2000 and NT4

WPI work corectly on 2000 and XP but NT4 give me the same error:

line : 100

Car: 2

Syntaxe non valide (syntax not valid)

Code 0

URL [...]WPI.hta

If I press Yes, WPI seem to work corectly.

I can't use WPI if this error appear evry time on NT4. I have many computers on NT4.

I tried to corect by myself but I failed.

Thanx you

i believe i found an error,, even tho it may not stop the program from running correctly i just thought id bring it to your attention,,

it seems that when looking through the log file,, under all user defined Category's it will say undefined,, it will only show the category as defined if your using a predefined category (not user defined)

and also i think i found another bug/error,, but im not sure as of yet,, i just got an error at the end of the instillation from installer.hta,, but im gonna retest some more to see if i can resurrect this error,, if not then no worries,,

ok i just retested now,, this time with a smaller amount of apps about 10 for this test and i got the same error at the end in the install.hta file plus i got a few other things to bicker at lol,, but i hope they can be fixed easy

to start off,, ive numbered all my apps by 5's in the install order and for some odd reason inside the log file they are surprisingly,, number out of order and the majority of them are not even numbered what i numbered them,, for example,,

Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:57:53 PM
Program: Adobe Reader 7.0.8
UID: ADOBEREADER708
Order: 264
Category: undefined
Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:58:58 PM
cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "D:\Install\General_Tools\Adobe_Reader\reader708.exe"
Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:58:58 PM
Finished installation.

-----

Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:58:59 PM
Program: Java2 SE Runtime V5.0 Update 9
UID: JAVA2SERUNTIMEV50UPDATE9
Order: 269
Saturday, October 14, 2006 4:00:17 PM
cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "D:\Install\General_Tools\Java2_SE_Runtime\3_J2RE509.exe"
Saturday, October 14, 2006 4:00:17 PM
Finished installation.

-----

Saturday, October 14, 2006 4:00:18 PM
Program: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1
UID: MICROSOFTNETFRAMEWORK11SP
Order: 272
Saturday, October 14, 2006 4:03:11 PM
cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "D:\Install\General_Tools\Microsoft_.NET_Framework\dotnet11sp1.exe"
Saturday, October 14, 2006 4:03:11 PM
Finished installation.

thats a small portion of the log file

now on to my second bicker,,

some apps during install are getting stuck for example 1 app from this install is crap cleaner,,

heres my install lines in config.js

prog[pn]=['Crap Cleaner V1.33.382'];
ordr[pn]=[80];
desc[pn]=['CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware System optimization tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your System - allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it is fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free.'];
uid[pn]=['CCLEANERV127260'];
dflt[pn]=['no'];
cat[pn]=['System'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
configs[pn]=['Custom Setup,Programmers Setup'];
cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\Install\\Maintenance\\crap_cleaner\\CrapCleaner.exe /S'];
picf[pn]=['ccleaner_icon_01.png'];
picw[pn]=['128'];
pich[pn]=['128'];
textl[pn]=['Top'];
pn++;

now that part is correct but yet,, its getting stuck during the install and now this is what its reading in the log file for this app

Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:52:04 PM
Program: Crap Cleaner V1.33.382
UID: CCLEANERV127260
Order: 000080
Category: System
Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:57:33 PM
cmd2 Success (returned code 4): "D:\Install\Maintenance\Diskeeper_Pro\diskeeper_mandc.cmd"
Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:57:33 PM
Finished installation.

strange issue you see here, 1 its adding a cmd 2 line with another apps info,, and its leaving cmd 1 out of it all together..

ok now on to my last error/bug,,

when the install is finished installing its last app, instead of exiting peacefully,, it gives me an error... and then even after aborting,, it still wont exit,, even if you click yes,, it wont exit either.. heres a picture of this error.. its an error from installer.hta,, from what i can see..

post-10764-1160858049_thumb.jpg

@Yurek3 you probably need to check your switches and applications one of them has to be calling for a reboot.

Kel in WPi 5.0 work good and thisone version for me was losat goodone next this in all some beta version going for finish 6.0 version.

I hup so will goddone and exelent.

Sorry now this is versions only for testing.

well i found the problem on my issue,, you should download this and test it out too , to see if it has the same effects on you as it did me,, it seems to have strange effects on the wpi installer

i downloaded the Switchless Silent Installer - 974KB that RogueSpear created

FlashGet V1.73 Build 128

http://www.doitrightconsulting.net/files/s...ck/FlashGet.exe

ive taken it out of my install by replacing it with my own installer and now it seems to work just fine,, but for some reason when i had that installer in there, it change / had critical effects to the operation of wpi,,

pls check it out to let me know if it is the installer ,, or if it may of just been the errors on my side

I couldn't download it. Please email to me.

hmm seems rouge blocks linking,,, ok no worries, pm sent i uploaded to a server for you,, tet it out and let me know, if you can get the same issues as me,, but be sure to have it install at the beginning of your installs, to have a better chance of recreating this issue,,