Sound Card

Aegis

i have some BS integrated sound here, it works, can't complain. at school one of my computers has a Creative SB Live 5.1, and the other one, well...i'm not sure what it is just yet, i haven't gotten a good look at it, but its a PCI-E card..the SB Live is just PCI

I'm using an Auzentech X-Plosion DTS 7.1 and expecting the new X-Meridian at my door any day now.

you lucky pos. :)

i plan on getting the x-meridian eventually, but first i wna get the logitech z5500 or a nice new receiver+5.1 so that i can use the digital out for them. but right now im using crappy nf4 onboard :(

i really see no sense in getting a sound card if you have onboard audio, i might just be crazy..... i use integrated audio all the time...there is a little bracket on the back of my PC with speaker out, but i don't really use it much....i find the only difference as one being amped, the other not....either way, it all comes out the same, and with just a pair of desktop stereo speakers, theres no need for 5.1 or 7.1 sound...if you have that kind of system fine, but meh...its an old PC...at least im not using the moniter speakers...those just suck... :lol:

I use KOSS PRO3AA with onboard Realtek ALC861 7.1 channel CODEC with High Definition Audio and it sounds great to me. I noticed one thing: The power supply quality is important when you use onboard sound; A bad powerfully will give you more background noise mixed with digital noise. If motherboard makers would just pop on some extra or better caps then all would be tons better...

i noticed that, especially when using line out with a headset, you hear a current going through it, and that should be silent. I blew out my PC with an air compressor earlier today, the PSU was full of dust...i blew out through the fan up and it was like a dust cloud coming out the back, then to make sure it was out, i went from the back in, and a ton more came out...also there was a lot behind the face and in my FDD because of the fan that blows out of the case, it sucks in through the front...there isn't a lot i can do about it other than switch my floppy drive, but i'll figure out how to perfect it eventually. but i also noticed just how small my motherboard is. its flippin' puny..about 8 inches wide, maybe 10 inches long, 3 PCI slots and 2 slots for RAM...not a heck of a lot, but it runs well with 512 in it...it'll loose the 512 and go back to 256 once i get a PSU for the dual Xeon...i hate having to wait for it, because its such a good mobo, i want it running now...its got a special PCI-E sound card, i'll see if i can find info on it tomorrow, because its one from the dump, shaped similarly to a triangle. when i finish the computer you'll see how it looks, its all plexiglas :lol:

lets just say, that where i live, the people who throw out computers are pretty darn stupid...how do you think i got wireless internet cards [2]?

there are some nice computers that people trash, but i don't have the time or room to fix them.

[the stress of anxiety disorders]

yea.

ISA...way to go me.

Edited by bonestonne