Config Grid

It has been brought up several times that a way is needed to sort the config list by: Install Order, Category, Name, etc. The current system does not allow it very easily. So I came up with this grid system below. It allows for sorting either column in either direction, clean look, but it hard to size properly for all resolutions.

Another system is the second link below. It would actually have 2 drop-down boxes: 1) Sort by why 2) Show what category. So that system would only show the selected category sorted by your criteria.

As a whole, the entire config wizard needs an overhaul. It is a space hog. Something needs to be done. I want your ideas, opinions, moans and groans, you name. How can this be updated with future expansion?

ConfigGrid_Thumb.jpg

WPIFilter_Sort_Thumb.jpg

In my opinion the following configurable items would go perfectly into a EDITABLE grid at the top (full width) of the screen:

Name, Install Order, Unique ID, Default, Forced, Category, Configurations

Followed with a line-per-item based bottom part of the screen for the rest of the items.

Of course you could discuss which items go in the grid and which at the bottom. But this is my idea.

So opposite to your screens of side-by-side layout. I would go for a top-bottom layout.

Roland

Dordrecht, The Netherlands

That is also on my agenda, but it will cost me some money to do it. So......for now the navigation grid is first and if popular, then I would like to update the entire wizard to a grid system. We shall see.......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...