My Videos Folder Crash

Maleko

Ok, got this weird problem, after re-installign XP, i get this error wen opening my folder with lots of videos in (attached image)

it must be a codec problem i think

I have tried loads of codec packs, DivX, K-Lite, and many more.

I cant work out why in the hell thi smessage pops up wen i open the folder, if I click OK, its crashes and closes, cancel makes it freeze...any other ideas?

already tried...no luck

You mean you tried all suggested solutions (17,900 hits)?

Hahaha, I love that "Google is your friend", people say that as if its a way of "sod off you id***!"...

I didn't mean it to sound like that, so if I did, I'm sorry! What I do mean is that it's sometimes better to search the Web before posting here... There's an enormous amount of information to be found on this subject. The solution is most likely in there somewhere.

already tried...no luck

I had a good look through a lot of other forums, to no prevail. and No, i aint gonna look through 17,900 hits...would anyone?

Gonna give these things a go tonight, will let you know wat i find.

Have you tried Dial-A-Fix to re-register all the DirectX files? I've seen that before, usually a codec problem. I'd suggest using Dial-A-Fix, getting rid of any codec packs you have installed, and use K-Lite Codec Pack.

already tried...no luck

I had a good look through a lot of other forums, to no prevail. and No, i aint gonna look through 17,900 hits...would anyone?

Gonna give these things a go tonight, will let you know wat i find.

Maybe not 17,900 as Google won't even let you get to all 17,900, but I have looked through several hundred search results before... not as tedious as you think it looks.

anyway, after having a bit of aplay last nite, I found that, no codecs would get rid of the problem.

But I opened the Video folders, tried deleteing all videos, except some that were in another sub folder, deleted thos einstead, and the error went.

Doesnt really make sense, as those were encoded the same way the first set of videos were...strange.