nvidia firewall

Thauzar

I was having trouble with utorrent and it was telling me to disable nvidia firewall, which I could not find how since I don't have that option in my nforce5 control pannel.

BUT, I found out that it was crashing because of nod32's IMON... maybe related? YES

SOLUTION for anyone experiencing this problem: add utorrent to NOD32's IMON exclude list.

And it works fine!

I had to post it here since I went through so many forums to find that answer, thanks to the user (i didnt get the name) on that forum (i think it was nforcers or something) who posted that solution! :thumbup

it still warns me about the nvappfilter.dll being there, but I seriously never found any info about how to disable the firewall on my m8n32 mobo, nforce 4 screenshots are everywhere but none for nforce5... and it's really not the same control pannel

but with that fix, at least Utorrent stops crashing

Edited by Thauzar

I never heard of it before utorrent told me lol, what sucks is that it's seems so simple with nforce4, just open nvidia control pannel, on network, firewall, disable... WOW

but in my control pannel in networking there is 3 switches and none related to disableing the firewall, I guess they maybe change something between nforce4 when the firewall appeared and nforce590 like I do have with m8n32-sli mobo....

Edited by Thauzar

I tried the nvidia firewall, it seemed ok for about 24 hrs but after a while some of my programs started using excessive amounts of memory for no reason, it is a pile of garbage and you would be better off with one like Agnitum outpost firewall.

NVidia firewall came with my motherboard drivers. Installed it, gave me problems. Whats worse I couldn't uninstall it so I had to format my computer to get rid of it (I need to format my hard drive anyway)

Try out different firewalls. I'm currently using Windows Firewall and gave me no problems.