Completed XP Setup Screens

Here is a install screen I am working on what do you guys think?

...Any Star Wars fans? hehehe

Love this forum its so fun to modify the Windows Istallation..

Plz use free img host provided by our members. We are trying to keep our database size down. Thankx

Edited by Drewdatrip

My first creation and a very simple one, intended to pay somewhat a tribute to this community. :D I'm still in the process of thinking whether to add some other visual effects or texts or not, but I'd like to receive a small feedback first before doing that.

If you want the file, one request is enough in order to upload it in the yahoo group.

post-70-1094667123_thumb.jpg

Heres is another one I just finished.. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for the input in advanced..

Plz use free img host provided by our members. We are trying to keep our database size down. Thankx

Edited by Drewdatrip

Hi Folks! :)

After weeks of reading on this board - here is my first edited Winntbu-dll:

Setup Screenshot

Version: WinXP Prof. SP2 engl.

Changes made: replaced main background picture (obviously), changed highlight text color and progress bar color, modified left column item text list and counter text ("aka "setup will complete..."), removed most of the MS-Blabla, added some short lines so the user knows there is still some progress.

Modified files: winntbu.dll, winnt32u.dll, syssetup.dll

Tools used: Resource Tuner, XPreview for checking

I'm sure some people here will recognize some stuff I used, I picked up some bits here and there... ;) So of course credit goes also to all the original art makers.

So do you like it? :rolleyes:

Edited by Drewdatrip

here is one that Ive wanted to do after seeing the end of Steel Angel Kurumi...Ive been trying to get everything perfect for about a week or so...This is not my artwork, it is from the DVD...the text is taken from the beginning of any of the 4 dvd's...I thought it was nice...I suck at figuring out the 5 buttons, but oh well, this is what I have, any suggestions? Had to save as jpg, since I cant upload more than 150K...which would be why the text looks funny. Ive also thought about removing all other text, so that once its done with the first block of text, youll only see the image...any thoughts?

Plz use personal webspace or free img host provided by msfn members

Edited by Drewdatrip