5.3 Bugs and issues

if an app is marked as forced.. and when u click on exit it doesnt get installed. can anyone cum up wit a quic fix.. thx

I haven't had a lot of time to look at it, but this should be a quick fix.

In check.js:

function remChecks()
{
position="check.js";
whatfunc="remChecks()";

var elem;

for(i = 1; prog[i] != null; i++)
{
elem = document.getElementById("chkbox"+i);
if (elem==null)
continue;
if (forc[i]!=null && forc[i]=='yes') //ADD THIS LINE
continue; //ADD THIS LINE
elem.checked=false;
}
}

After looking at the forced app on exit issue further, the fix I supplied works. However, in an effort to keep the code clean the following should also be applied to reduce redundant code.

In installer.js:

function InstallPrograms() 
{
position="installer.js";
whatfunc="InstallPrograms()";

var i, j;

for(i=1; prog[i] != null; i++)
{
if (forc[i] != null && forc[i]=="yes" && ReallyForce) //REMOVE THIS LINE
setChecked(i); //REMOVE THIS LINE

if (document.getElementById("chkbox"+i) && document.getElementById("chkbox"+i).checked)
programs[programs.length++] = new program(i);
}

The problem with Force is that some people want to be able to Exit without doing installs, like me when I am writing/tetsing code, while others always want it to be forced no matter what. That is fine when run from a UACD, but from desktop during testing.

This is an old topic that wasn't 100% decided upon, so I will implement what I suggested back then into 5.4:

Have these 2 check boxes:

* Always force installs when start installation

* Always force installs when exitting

You can then check either or both depending on what you are doing. Sound good?

-------------------------------------

@g3o That bug is still there. We know. The problem is that it partially fixes it, but 100%. Dje and I are still looking at it.

Edited by mritter

The problem with Force is that some people want to be able to Exit without doing installs, like me when I am writing/tetsing code, while others always want it to be forced no matter what. That is fine when run from a UACD, but from desktop during testing.

This is an old topic that wasn't 100% decided upon, so I will implement what I suggested back then into 5.4:

Have these 2 check boxes:

* Always force installs when start installation

* Always force installs when exitting

You can then check either or both depending on what you are doing. Sound good?

I'm not sure I quite understand. If people want to exit without installs then wouldn't you just uncheck 'Force installs when exiting'? What exactly would a 'force installs when start installation' do? :huh:

I have command error in Line 55, Char 2 of Installer.hta

happens at the last program is installing..

a quick look at WPI_log shows that every program has been installed fine. maybe this is because of Regional setting difference?

Edited by larciel

'force installs when start installation' <-- This would ensure that the program would still be installed when the instalation process is started whether or not you have selected that entry for installation or not.

Isn't this already implemented? Or are you saying that you want to be able to disable forced installs when starting installation? I guess for testing purposes it might be nice to be able to disable the forced installs on 'start installation'.

Thanks Dynaletik,

The delay is 5 min (300 sec), and I've attached the useroptions and config scripts in case it's something there. They were created in v5.0, which still works with the same files. I get the error if it's started from RunOnceEx.cmd, or by running wpi.hta from within windows. If I copy the WPI folder to the desktop and run it from there I get the same error (with the URL modified apropriately). This was all done using VMWare Player 1.0.1 (with Deamon Tools 4.03 to mount the DVD image so I don't have to keep throwing away disks). That's probably way more info then you need, but hopefully some of it will be helpful.

Thanks again!

useroptions.js

config.js

Ok, I can reproduce the bug with 300 seconds. Your useroptions.js is not the reason. It is definitely a bug in the timer, just tested with 60, 70 and 300 seconds, but with 300 seconds the error in timer.js line 54 function tTimer comes up when the timer runs out.

EDIT: Solved by zorphnog.

Edited by Dynaletik