converting video files from pal to ntsc

dirtwarrior

I have sone video files which are pal format. When I burn them to a dvd in pal format the video is in black/white, when I do a conversion with nve the audeo/video doesnt match up.

I am wondering if there is a simple way to convert pal to ntsc and still have resonable video quality?

Joe

If it converts a fully authored DVD from PAL to NTSC with automatic preservation of all the menus, subtitles, audio and extras then it will be a really handy tool.

The AV sync problem may be hardware or codec related, not necessarily software.

This is not a simple matter. Apart from everything else the frame rates for the 2 formats are different. How would you add extra non existant frames ? Fortunately for us here in India most of the TVs sold can handle both formats without a problem.

The difference in frames is well known and can be dealt with in all conversion programs. In commercial films in which the source is 24fps, converting to PAL and NTSC DVDs both would involve adding extra frames. PAL films often end up slightly longer (or is it shorter, fitting 24 frames to 25) in duration than NTSC.

Edited by Takeshi