Debug and Show Source

Does anyone still use the Debug Mode or look at the source code with Show Source button? I feel they are fast becoming obsolete and should be removed. But if anyone still uses them, post here so I know and will leave them in.

What's the use off debug...it says software won't install that way, but it really does.

So where do you use it for ?? if someone can tell me , maybe I start using it then.

Leave it out I should say right now, or someone has a answer to the question above........

Thanks.

Edited by Pliek

As I already told mritter in an email I sent him yesterday, "show source" is not a big help in the form it is now.

But if we add line numbers, a copy function and an "export to file" function, then it may be useful.

Anyway, I never used either of them, although I just wanted to try the "show source" last night to trace a bug.

As I already told mritter in an email I sent him yesterday, "show source" is not a big help in the form it is now.

But if we add line numbers, a copy function and an "export to file" function, then it may be useful.

Anyway, I never used either of them, although I just wanted to try the "show source" last night to trace a bug.

+1 :whistle:

And to be useful, debug should write to the log file, not only to the small space at the top of the screen.

Also, the position & whatfunc variables should be arrays that stores the function calls:

It should add a new element at the beginning of the function like it's done now, but also pop it out at the end of the function.

The error function will then be accurate by displaying the last elements of the arrays.

I have been trying to think of a way to get the whatfunc variable to return to the previous calling function for some time now. The last call of every function could be to set it back, no problem. The problem that arises is that for every return call it would have to be set back there as well. Would add a lot of lines. The same would have to happen for position variable.

If there was a way to check/catch when leaving a function, by getting to the end or a return, then it would be easier.