5.2 bugs and problems

Line 1644 is in the saving of the useroptions.js file. The function name has nothing to do with the line number. What are you doing when this error comes up? If you are using your old 1.2 useroptions.js file, then that is the problem. They are not compatible. Try renaming it so you don't lose it, then start WPI again, go in to Options, it will save a default set. Close. Open again and try to reproduce the error.

But since you've posted (and experienced) some of them, you may help him a lot by summarizing what is fixed for you, and help us debugging by making another list of what remains to be fixed (again, only for your problems is enough).

To be clear I've used fix 2, 3, 4, and 5 (5 was mailed to me by mritter) and problem 7 (longer install. time, no fix still) was related with the other ones (don't know witch fix repaired problem 7 but it's gone after using fix 2,3,4,5), just these four fixes were relevant for my errors.

Today I wil adjust this nice working iso with bugfix 1 and test again (although I did not had that bug).

I will just test to be sure that it can be used by everyone without getting new errors (related too applying fix number 1).

For myself, I have onely one bug to be fixed.

The time for showing up my rebootscreen (called from a .cmd file) took over 90 seconds to appear.

To be specific, my desktop got cleaned 90 seconds after the installer screen finished and dissappear, and directly after that... the shutdown screen poped up, this dalay "must" be fixed.

We talk later,........First work, then hobby. :thumbup

Edited by Pliek

Line 1644 is in the saving of the useroptions.js file. The function name has nothing to do with the line number. What are you doing when this error comes up? If you are using your old 1.2 useroptions.js file, then that is the problem. They are not compatible. Try renaming it so you don't lose it, then start WPI again, go in to Options, it will save a default set. Close. Open again and try to reproduce the error.

I'm not using useroption.js , I just copied config.js file from my 1.2 to 5.1 or even 5.2 and this error occurs.

If i take out the config.js from the WPIScript folder and run 5.2 , it works fine.

any idea? I'd really like to avoid manually inputting everything one by one

*EDIT*

After playing with config.js , I've found out error occurs when there are these lines. probably something to do with conflict of word 'THEME' ??

prog[pn]=['theme-Logon_April Shower']
uid[pn]=['THEMELOGON_APRILSHOWER']
excl[pn]=['THEMELOGON_SKYVIEW','THEMELOGON_NAYOUNG','THEMELOGON_NATURAL']
picf[pn]=['logon-april.jpg']
picw[pn]=['256']
pich[pn]=['224']
desc[pn]=['Logon Page']
textl[pn]=['Bottom']
texti[pn]=['1']
regb[pn]=['%systemdrive%\\theme\\april.reg']
cat[pn]=['Theme']
pn++

*EDIT2*

seems like cat[pn] cannot be 'theme' else it'll give the error because of conflict with that line. Changed it to something else and it works now.

Edited by larciel

I had the same error.

aply fix 2,3,4.

Asuming you are opening WPI.hta from CD/DVD.

2. Uncommented line for theme update.

Link Fix

Open patchFile.js and replace

patchLine(wpipath + "Themes\\" + Theme + "\\wpi.htm", /class="txt"/ig, 'class="opText"');

with

//patchLine(wpipath + "Themes\\" + Theme + "\\wpi.htm", /class="txt"/ig, 'class="opText"');

3. Not a bug, but an enhancement and should be done by everyone.

Link & fix

4. Pause time issue.

Link Fix

In installer.js, replace

Pause(0,100);																//wait for the new document to be fully loaded

with

while (window.document.readyState != 'complete')
Pause(0,100); //wait for the new document to be fully loaded

See if that works , it did for me..

report your results..

Edited by Pliek

Just got info from mritter about this adjustment.

Iit's not a final solution mritter is still tuning this bug, but for now it works for me and check if this is also working for any of you.

From his mail:

It seems to fix the problem, but it may cause one somewhere else. So it is not the 100% solution. If you use any command line args it will not work. Don't rely on it.

5. Launching from a .cmd file and start cd/dvd problem (it worked).

In wpi.hta line 43 replace

fullpath = fullpath.replace("file://","").replace(/\//g,"\\\\");

with

fullpath = fullpath.replace("file:///","").replace(/\//g,"\\ <file:///> ");

So soon this will be updated.

Thanks in advance Mritter. :thumbup

Edited by Pliek

[Edit]: I've just seen Pliek's above post. So we all agree on that point. ;)

5. Launching from a .cmd file and start cd/dvd problem: I've got this by mail from mritter today (it worked).

In wpi.hta line 43 replace

with

fullpath = fullpath.replace("file:///","").replace(/\//g,"\\ <file:///> ");

report your results..

:w00t::blink::o:unsure: But that completely breaks the command line arguments parser!

We've already talked about the 1st replace instruction, so let me explain the second one:

It prepares further the WPI path to be fed in the next regexp pattern by replacing the slashes of the URL by (escaped) backslashes.

In other words, it transforms the URL into a Windows path (with escaped backslashes):

fullpath:
file:///W:/WPI/WPI.hta

replace("file:///","")

W:/WPI/WPI.hta

replace(/\//g,"\\\\")

W:\\WPI\\WPI.hta

But replace(/\//g,"\\ <file:///> ")

W:\ <file:///> WPI\ <file:///> WPI.hta

?????

Why would you replace the backslashes of the path with this cryptic "\\ <file:///> "?

What is the purpose of it?

How does it fit in the command line arguments parsing process?

Moreover, if I well understood that it does fix Pliek's CD/DVD problem, what is still unclear is HOW does it fix it?

Notwithstanding this basic understanding problem, we can't just fix something by breaking something else.

IMHO, only by finding the root of the problem we will be able to design a satisfactory solution.

ps:If you want me to explain further the command line arguments parser code, feel free to ask.

Edited by Djé

To be honest Djé I don't know anything of repairing, enginering these scrips...I just don't.

This is what mritter mailed me, and I am glad to test it out.

Sorry that I can not be of any help in there, just be glad that you guys are so in too this to help us (more than ones already).

So keep going and I will be glad to test it.

I also report Kel that this last "fix" is not a final, and that he needs to change that by saying so in the overall fix report (first message of this topic).

Now I wil test all the fixes together, so 1,2,3,4,5 (before I did not test fix 1).

Let you know. :thumbup:thumbup

Edited by Pliek

No problem ;) You're of a lot of help by finding these bugs and testing the fixes.

Would you mind summarizing on this specific error:

Can you just confirm the error message that you still get?

Is it the one with line 42 or the one with line 43?

If you can post an image of it, that would be the best.

Together with the content of the incriminated line (with whatever fix you used or not).

Thanks!

Oke but now I'm testing with fix 1,2,3,4 and 5, after that test I wil do another test with onely fix 1,2,3,4 and then I wil report te error specificly to you.

This will be later today, but before the evening.

Till then. :lol:

Test with fix 1,2,3,4,5 went without errors, onely after install is done and the install screen is also gone the process mshta.exe stands for 90 sec. on 100% cpu load. After that time my .cmd file cleans up the desktop and all is fine.

Will test now onely 1,2,3,4.

Let you now.....later. :thumbup

Test with fix 1,2,3,4,5 went without errors, only after install is done and the install screen is also gone the process mshta.exe stands for 90 sec. on 100% cpu load. After that time my .cmd file cleans up the desktop and all is fine.

Will test now only 1,2,3,4.

Let you know.....later. :thumbup

Tests with fix 1,2,3,4 is finished, and no errors this time.

Must be the combination (never tried Fix 2,3,4 without fix 5) so the error is fixed by 2,3 or 4.

Here is a full report of my WPI 2.5 history:

Fase1:

I first downloaded 5.2 with the 2// already in WPI.hta (although these 2// seems to be not right).

Burned a iso and could not open from DVD without error in WPI.hta line 42 and 43.

Error in the script for Internet Explorer.(headline off the error)

! There has been a error in the script on this page.

Line: 42

Sign: 3

Error: Objectvariable or blokvariable With is not set right.

Code: 0

Url: file://L:WPI\WPI.hta

Error in the script for Internet Explorer.(headline off the error)

! There has been a error in the script on this page.

Line: 43

Sign: 3

Error: "Undefined" is empty or no object.

Code: 0

Url: file://L:WPI\WPI.hta

And with this installation all my .cmd files were not executed.

Fase2:

Then again started with a clean WPI and tested with fix 2,3,4,5 the slowdown bug was gone (install. time was normal again so that was fixed) and al .cmd files were executed now (so that was also fixed), only the shutdown time was 90 secs now instead of 32 (process mshta.exe was running up my CPU load to 100% for 90 seconds even when the install screen was closed, then my command went on, cleaned up and then shut down my pc). There were no errors in this test.

Fase3:

Then again started with a clean WPI and tested with fix 1,2,3,4,5 The results where the same as fase2.

Fase4:

Then again started with a clean WPI and tested with fix 1,2,3,4 and this was the first time without putting in fix5. So I expected the errors again in WPI.hta line 42 and 43.

But this is not the case, the test went on perfect and installtime and command file executions where perfect too.

So the fix (in my case) for error 42 and 43 were fixed by fix 1,2,3 or 4 and it seems that fix 5 is not needed.

Only one thing that needs to be fixed is the cpu load of mshta.exe that is responsible for the 90 seconds delay.

That's it, as long as there are no new fixes, I will no longer test because i've had al combinations and fase 4 seems to be the best I can get right now.

I will wait and hope there are some solutions to this bug soon.... :whistle:

Edited by Pliek

I had the same error.

aply fix 2,3,4.

Asuming you are opening WPI.hta from CD/DVD.

2. Uncommented line for theme update.

Link Fix

Open patchFile.js and replace

patchLine(wpipath + "Themes\\" + Theme + "\\wpi.htm", /class="txt"/ig, 'class="opText"');

with

//patchLine(wpipath + "Themes\\" + Theme + "\\wpi.htm", /class="txt"/ig, 'class="opText"');

3. Not a bug, but an enhancement and should be done by everyone.

Link & fix

4. Pause time issue.

Link Fix

In installer.js, replace

Pause(0,100);																//wait for the new document to be fully loaded

with

while (window.document.readyState != 'complete')
Pause(0,100); //wait for the new document to be fully loaded

report your results..

YUP!!!!!!! working fine after those modifictations.. thx

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's supposed to be this way...

Description: I JUST started using the "Condition" variable in my config.js to check to see if the executable is on the CD, i.e

FileExists("%CDROM%\Applications\Adobe Acrobat Reader\Adobe Reader 7.0.8.msi")

This works perfectly when I test the ISO I build (the application disappears / appears accordingly ) however, it is ALWAYS hidden when I launch WPI.HTA in "editing mode" (i.e. straight off my HD when I am adding a new app or changing something, etc)

I have this line on all my applications, so essentially, when I double click on WPI.hta on my HD to edit, nothing shows up, however, when I build the iso and mount it, all works as it is supposed to...

Is this normal?

BTW, Thanks for the fix about the uncommenting! (#2 I believe)

Edited by JuMz