5.2 bugs and problems

Fixes and adjustments so far:

I had the same error.

aply fix 2,3,4,5.

Asuming you are opening WPI.hta from CD/DVD.

2. Uncommented line for theme update.

Link Fix

Open patchFile.js and replace

patchLine(wpipath + "Themes\\" + Theme + "\\wpi.htm", /class="txt"/ig, 'class="opText"');

with

//patchLine(wpipath + "Themes\\" + Theme + "\\wpi.htm", /class="txt"/ig, 'class="opText"');

3. Not a bug, but an enhancement and should be done by everyone.

Link & fix

4. Pause time issue.

Link Fix

In installer.js, replace

Pause(0,100);																//wait for the new document to be fully loaded

with

while (window.document.readyState != 'complete')
Pause(0,100); //wait for the new document to be fully loaded

See if that works , it did for me..

report your results..

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Since WPI 5,1 I always have this errormessage:

error.jpeg

WPI loads the first time correctly, the second time I have this error.

WPI is on HDD e:/ and has ho entry in config.js.

Does WPI need to start from cdrom?

Hmm, when I just let the timer run and WPI should start the install, at the end of the countdown, I get this Error message:

EDIT: sadicq fixed it, see next post

Edited by Dynaletik

Have been testing the 5.2 from DVD and had the following error opening WPI.hta with my .cmd file. Also when opening it right away from DVD. This appeared after making a ISO of it (strange because before there were no opening errors, I checked).

I'll explain:

First telling that my config.js is very large one, i've got 192 programs to select (maybe this is relevant) . And all i've done is downloaded 5.2 and past my Install folder in it and my config.js too.

Opening it before I made a iso of it did not showed any problems. I always start my WPI.hta by a .cmd file and it was not possible to open 5.2 this way without an error , so I tried to open wpi.hta right away on te DVD and that worked, but got the same error again.

My command to open wpi.hta is:

@ECHO OFF
REM Hide this command window.
%systemroot%\system32\cmdow.exe @ /hid

REM Example, how to look for CDROM-drive. Must have win51ip.SP2 at the root of the CD.
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\win51ip.SP2 set CDROM=%%i:
echo Found CD-Rom as drive %CDROM%

set wpipath=%cdrom%\WPI

start /wait %cdrom%\WPI\WPI.hta

DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Bureaublad\*.lnk"
DEL /s/q "%userprofile%\Bureaublad\*.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\*.log"

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Install\

net user aspnet /delete

REM Reset Windows Security Center.
SET PP=%systemroot%\system32\WPI\
SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Resetten van het Beveiligingscentrum" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Reset Windows Security Center" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%PP%WinMgmt.cmd" /f

REM Herstarten van de PC binnen 30 seconden...
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 30 -c "Windows zal over 30 seconden worden herstart."

EXIT

The Error that occurt:

Error in the script for Internet Explorer.(headline off the error)

! There has been a error in the script on this page.

Line: 42

Sign: 3

Error: Objectvariable or blokvariable With is not set right.

Code: 0

Url: file://L:WPI\WPI.hta

Then it asked me if I want to resume the script on that page and I selected yes, WPI started normally then.

I made my selections (all 192) an started my installations.

All went well but....

-All .cmd file commands did not run from DVD.(EXAMPLE: I still use: cmd2[pn]=['%wpipath%Install\\Apps\\ICQ\\taskkill.cmd'];)

-Normally my config.js list takes 32 minutes to install all the software, now it took 50 minutes to compleet (20 minutes more, so I think it was struggling with something else while installing).

-The bug I had in 5.1 about not closing the installer after wpi finished is not in this verion, so that's OK now and taken care off.

After installation was done, and tried to open wpi.hta again manually from DVD this error occured:

Error in the script for Internet Explorer.(headline off the error)

! There has been a error in the script on this page.

Line: 43

Sign: 3

Error: "Undefined" is empty or no object.

Code: 0

Url: file://L:WPI\WPI.hta

I don't know what this all means, and I hope it is usefull information for you all.

Still have the original files where I made a iso from (C:\XPCD\WPI), openig wpi.hta from that original file does not give any errors (no error opening it with my command file (after changing the path) an no error opening the wpi.hta manually from C:\XPCD\WPI\WPI.hta).

Why can't I open wpi.hta on the DVD with my command file or manually ???? all other versions had no problem with this method.

The reason why I still use this command is that I first want to install al mainbord drivers and other drivers like audio and network adapter drivers before installing the software. In my $OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Menu Start I made a folder "Start WPI" with the commandfile (shown above) to start wpi.hta from there.

After unpacking the iso that gave the errors (explained above) to C:\XPCD I run WPI.hta manually and got no errors opening it (so that made me believe the iso was OK), went to options and selected debug mode (2) and it said that the software would not really be installed that way, this wasn't the case... all installs really took place and installed perfect (even the .cmd commands worked in the debug mode, so that's nice). But still the installation time was also this way 50 minutes (20 longer then version 5.1).

My conclusion is that 5.2 installs OK from harddisk, but gives problems when burning to DVD and install from DVD (in my situation anyway).

Also the install time increased with 66% that's something to look at, and verify with other testers (maybe it's because of the new installer you are using).

I also found that the system was extremely slow after this installation (both ways, debug way and after install from DVD)

I have got this advice from MRitter yesterday:

First thing to try is this in WPI.hta, line 43

fullpath = fullpath.replace("file:///","").replace(/\//g,"\\\\");

Take out 1 of the slashes after file:/// Try with only 2.

But thats already done by himself I think before going public with 5.2, so that is no solution for this problem.

I'll hear from you people.... ;)

Edited by Pliek

Hmm, I only can confirm the second bug that Pilek posted. When I run WPI from HDD, it just runs fine. But when I burn it on CD/DVD I get the same errormessage that he gets. And if I click it away, WPI continues running. I did not test, if the process is much slower, but my cmd files get executed, even if the error came up.

Edited by Dynaletik

Hmm, I only can confirm the second bug that Pilek posted. When I run WPI from HDD, it just runs fine. But when I burn it on CD/DVD I get the same errormessage that he gets. And if I click it away, WPI continues running. I did not test, if the process is much slower, but my cmd files get executed, even if the error came up.

My .cmd files all for 90% taskkil.cmd to kill processes after installing a program, that doesn't work here.

I think that the error WPI gave me is resposible for not loading the files to compleet taskill.

Edited by Pliek

Ok... I know this sounds stupid, but I spent 2 hours on this bug ...

Open patchFile.js in notepad and replace

patchLine(wpipath + "Themes\\" + Theme + "\\wpi.htm", /class="txt"/ig, 'class="opText"');

with

//patchLine(wpipath + "Themes\\" + Theme + "\\wpi.htm", /class="txt"/ig, 'class="opText"');

Somebody forgot to comment it out ....

Attention: Apply this fix on a clear WPI as the line that is not commented has already modified your WPI if you ran it from hdd.

The problem showed up only when you were running WPI from CD because it was read-only and the script could not modify the files ....

Note that the line you are commenting is just an example and it is not needed by WPI. Actually it's doing just the opposite.

Edited by sadicq

Ok sadicq, you again solved the problem. The bug is gone. Now sometimes when I start WPI from CD/DVD, I get the following bug:

wpierror.png

The error message comes up, when WPI closes and the installer window opens. But it only comes up sometimes, not every time. I think it has to do with the loading from CD, because it takes much longer than from HDD. I already noticed this bug with WPI 5.0. And since WPI 5.0, loading WPI from Disc drive takes much longer than before. I think it is 10-15 seconds. With WPI Lite 1.2 it was about 3 seconds. Now as it says Theme=Royale, I tried with Glossy theme, but still the same error message, just "Theme=Glossy" now. :(

Edited by Dynaletik

Open patchFile.js in notepad and replace

with

Will try this later today after work, thanks already sadicq. :D

Edited by Pliek

The error message comes up, when WPI closes and the installer window opens.

Open installer.js and look at this line:

Try increasing that value and see if the error still appears.

Ok, here's the solution (the post before was just to determine the source of the problem, but I'm pretty sure that that was the problem).

In installer.js, replace

with

while (window.document.readyState != 'complete')
Pause(0,100); //wait for the new document to be fully loaded

And this will work every time.

Edited by sadicq