Major power outage hits New York, other large citi

XPerties

the media is telling people to conserve energy, does anyone know if the adds are on in time square?

quebec is sending power to help them, but if there just wasting it on advertisments...

and the guy that almost go hit by a car, i went to england, and when you expect the cars to stop, or come from a different way, you get very close to getting hit.

Yeah, well, here in Britain we have a backup plan should our power supply ever keel over and die. 10,000 hamsters, in specially modified wheels connected to a series of generators, are just waiting to go. Tempted by a cream cracker suspended just in front of them, it is believed the HamsterGenerator©, running at full power, would be able to produce at least 6watts per hour, or .8mW per packet of crackers (.85mW for a pack of wholemeal crackers). I can't believe other countries are not as forward thinking....... :)

well, in quebec, were on a different system than the rest of north american, except texas. We are isolated from the north american power grid, so the outages outside quebec are contained there. we also protect the rest of north america by not sending the problem out of quebec.

Yeah, well, here in Britain we have a backup plan should our power supply ever keel over and die. 10,000 hamsters, in specially modified wheels connected to a series of generators, are just waiting to go

We run on Hydro, unlimited power. no coal to mine, no nuclear rods to remove. great system

Yeah, well, here in Britain we have a backup plan should our power supply ever keel over and die. 10,000 hamsters, in specially modified wheels connected to a series of generators, are just waiting to go.  Tempted by a cream cracker suspended just in front of them, it is believed the HamsterGenerator©, running at full power, would be able to produce at least 6watts per hour, or .8mW per packet of crackers (.85mW for a pack of wholemeal crackers).  I can't believe other countries are not as forward thinking....... :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, well, here in Britain we have a backup plan should our power supply ever keel over and die. 10,000 hamsters, in specially modified wheels connected to a series of generators, are just waiting to go.  Tempted by a cream cracker suspended just in front of them, it is believed the HamsterGenerator©, running at full power, would be able to produce at least 6watts per hour, or .8mW per packet of crackers (.85mW for a pack of wholemeal crackers).  I can't believe other countries are not as forward thinking....... :rolleyes:

lol

:)