Core 2 Duo

Beppe

ANyone get there hands on a Core 2 Duo E6600 yet? i been waiting and i m starting to pull my hair out... all the oems are suckin it dry.. and resellers promise every week... tigerdirect wants 359 + 19 shippin. and said are getting more tues but cant promise... and zzf has them listed u can preorder the low end model but the others still say backorder.. and the E6600 there is 339 with free ship.. i sold my 930 so now i have 4 gigs of ddr 800 and DQ6 gigabyte board just sitting here ughhh.. anyone?

lol no i m not complaining about the price... just cant get my hands on one.. i mean i wont b tricked into being raped for 100 dollars more on some sites.. i just want someone to carry them period lol.. i'll cry if i have to wait till end of aug.. i was just wondering if someone new somewhere where if there avail

I wanted to buy a Core 2 Duo, I'm sure it's good enough for my needs... The prices seemed great too - a 300$ CPU that beat the FX 62 on most benches which was like 1500$CAD at the time of the announcement - finally a fast and affordable fast dual core CPU!

Now that they're about to ship to the masses, AMD have reduced their prices significantly. That alone might not have been enough to convince me to buy AMD. But the prices of the [poor selection of] motherboards for the Core 2 Duos! Ouch!

For the price of a half decent Core 2 Duo motherboard (the Asus P5W DH Deluxe) alone, you can get a similar socket 939/AM2 motherboard, along with a Athlon64 X2 4200+ or so. For the price of that motherboard and the Core 2 Duo, you can almost build an entire PC. If I'm paying ridiculous prices for a motherboard, I might as well get a nice Dual Opteron board instead...

OO all the 64 bit less performance crap blah blah... its such a small margin you would never notice real time.. all these bench marks are useless give or take 1 2 points 3 -5 or ten. u think you would really tell the diff? i dont think so. now i m not a intel fan boy nor amd i had both systems, i continue to use intel b/c i had most of the parts already when amd was not even at ddr2 yet. besides some new stepping should fix all the nastys sooner or later. i do believe intel has made a good chip this time around. and until amd could get there watts down i am gonna stick with intel.. but i do believe intel is now on a good path and got there head out of there asses, and where going to see some good chips rolling out.. quad core will be here in a few months and i am ready for it too.. but as far and amd and intel goes, ppl have there reasons for choosing weather it be a bad experience or w/e i do like amd too though. i just have my reasons for intel. i believe they make beautiful chipsets compared to the issues i had for nvidias. i would lose a few points in FPS if it means i can just have something that works

Edited by Beppe

i personally like both, but at certain periods of time i prefer one over the other. for that last 2 years till now ive loved amd over intel. now i think ill be liking intel better, just b/c of how good the conroe is going to be. but now we have to wait another year or two for am3, ddr3, 65nm, and k8l to come out.