Xbox 360 is pretty good.

kartel

Consoles aren't made to cater towards having the absolute best graphics available.

Y'all are just finding reasons to complain and be proud of your oh so leet home machines.

For people who don't have gaming PCs (or just prefer to play on their tv), it's a bit of a deal to get a 360, extra controller, and play with a friend in the living room on a game they like, compared to both of them buying gaming PCs.

I enjoy gaming on my PC at times, but it suuuuure is nice playing my 360 on my roommate's 56" HDtv. I'll take it this way.

Tell me how much a 56" monitor would cost, to be comparable ! = P

But yeah, it all comes down to your specific needs and desires. I just find it foolish for one to assume a console is junk , just because their PC already satisfies their personal gaming needs.

• 2 weeks later...

We are playing Perfect Dark Zero now and the graphics are killer, he only has a toshiba 35" TV but its still real good, especially when you walk up close to bricks and tiles, almost looks wet and fresh to touch.

I dont know if this is the "best" gamming solution but it's pretty **** good.

We also played QUAKE 4 and it was real cool, when you go through the conveyer belt and the robots chop you up and you see the guy ahead of you getting torured first, real cool.

We finished Prey, very wierd vagina doors and puckered butcracks everywhere......very strange indeed.

Edited by kartel

We are playing Perfect Dark Zero now and the graphics are killer, he only has a toshiba 35" TV but its still real good, especially when you walk up close to bricks and tiles, almost looks wet and fresh to touch.

I dont know if this is the "best" gamming solution but it's pretty **** good.

We also played QUAKE 4 and it was real cool, when you go through the conveyer belt and the robots chop you up and you see the guy ahead of you getting torured first, real cool.

We finished Prey, very wierd vagina doors and puckered butcracks everywhere......very strange indeed.

Err, I dunno what copy of Perfect Dark Zero you played, but IMHO it looks like *a*** and worse it *plays* like a**. However, the 360 does have some very good games. I've enjoyed my 360, at least what I got to play of it before it kicked the bucket. At least it died in warranty, the replacement should be back soon, I hope :)

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

according to the specs it looks closer to 7800gtx

pc's and consoles opperate very differently and devs can push propriatary hardware easier, pc's cant share and streamline all of its hardware power for one game

for instance, xbox had a geforce 3/pentium 3...my geforce 3 and p4 processor could never push graphics like ninja gaiden or dead or alive 3...not even close, it barely ran the original gta 3 lol

also for me to get oblivion to look and play like the xbox 360 version cost me nearly $2 grand worth of hardware, both have thier own advantages.

i know some like to argue the fact that pc's can do more like surf the web and burn mp3's....but so can a pentium 2 and win95, so regardless cost wise and ease of use is likely why there are more console gamers than pc gamers

Edited by dcyphure

so you're saying that your 2k comp looks the same as ur 360? ive compared my 2k system to a 360 and its not even a comparison. now unless you spend 2k on an htdv.... now i cant comment on an hdtv.

i have 52" hdtv ($900 at circuitcity) but remember you can easily play an xbox 360 on a computer monitor or a pc on a hdtv with a simple converter (mine was $50 but there are instructions on the net to build your own)

so with that in mind theres no excuse to claim that a console would cost more having to buy an hdtv cuase you can play it on your pc monitor easily

according to the specs it looks closer to 7800gtx

pc's and consoles opperate very differently and devs can push propriatary hardware easier, pc's cant share and streamline all of its hardware power for one game

for instance, xbox had a geforce 3/pentium 3...my geforce 3 and p4 processor could never push graphics like ninja gaiden or dead or alive 3...not even close, it barely ran the original gta 3 lol

also for me to get oblivion to look and play like the xbox 360 version cost me nearly $2 grand worth of hardware, both have thier own advantages.

i know some like to argue the fact that pc's can do more like surf the web and burn mp3's....but so can a pentium 2 and win95, so regardless cost wise and ease of use is likely why there are more console gamers than pc gamers

RSX you mean? No, then, according to the specs it looks closer to a 7600GT. It has the same crippled 128bit memory bus (7800GTX is 256bit, and you can't underscore the impact of halving the bandwidth), is closer to the same clock speed (originally 550Mhz, recently dropped to 500Mhz, actually 60Mhz *beneath* the 7600GT), etc.

Anyway, point being that PS3--much like Xbox 360--simply *isn't* as powerful as a current high end PC, it's closer to a mid-range system.

Jason

some of the games scheduled to come out with the ps3 look really cool though. i.e. assassins creed, mgs4, splinter cell double agent. where as most of the games ive seen for 360 so far havent really stirred up much interest in me what so ever. but that could just be my opinion and the fact i havent looked into many games being released on the 360 where as i do plan on picking up a ps3 thus search up and coming games for it. but really a consoles only as good as the games that support it, a console with terrible games but great specs probably wont please people as much as a console with poor specs and great fun games. just my .02

some of the games scheduled to come out with the ps3 look really cool though. i.e. assassins creed, mgs4, splinter cell double agent. where as most of the games ive seen for 360 so far havent really stirred up much interest in me what so ever. but that could just be my opinion and the fact i havent looked into many games being released on the 360 where as i do plan on picking up a ps3 thus search up and coming games for it. but really a consoles only as good as the games that support it, a console with terrible games but great specs probably wont please people as much as a console with poor specs and great fun games. just my .02

The only game you mentioned that isn't already confirmed for 360 is MGS4, of course.

I plan to get a PS3 on launch day--and ebay it to some turd with more money than sense :)

Jason