[RELEASE] Windows 9x Power Pack v4.1 RELEASED!

OK, so what's new with 4.1??? I *just* got 4.0 a few days ago

Read your page and the beginning of this post... nothing... unless I'm just completely stupid?

Ah, right. I'm an id***.

Here's what's new with v4.1:

Latest Unofficial Service Pack for win98 FE

Latest Unofficial Service Pack for WinMe

Better Looking Autorun

Updated Revolutions Pack

Updated NUSB drivers for Win98SE

Added a small codec pack

I think that's it...

• 2 weeks later...
No problem. I wouldnt mind it if you added it to the first post so people see it to download from.

Done.

Edit:

Just a heads up, there will be a small patch soon. At the moment, it's about 10mb uncompressed, and includes the 48-bit LBA patches, as well as a few other goodies.

:D

Edited by jimmsta

• 3 weeks later...

It's been about a month since the last update, so here goes...

I'm thinking about splitting the pack up into two separate options - Unofficial Service Packs, and an Unofficial Patches/Addons compilation.

Reason: To reduce size of package, and offer more of a choice for users of the package.

Of course, v4.2 will be released as a full package, onto MajorGeeks.com and various other hosting options.

This way, I can make a ~160MB USP version, and a ~ 90MB Unofficial Patches/Addons version. Both of which will be able to be put together to form the complete package.

I'm also looking at replacing the Autorun app with a "TheOpenCD"-style replacement, which utilizes the Kameleon browser, and is completely OpenSource, and fully customizable... also, probably faster to use on older systems. The current Autorun takes a while on older hardware to initialize.

I'm actively working on this project. I'm also working hard on my other compilation, BHT (v2.6/???).

Oh my Goodness...!

I am Just Curious,why This post is not to be Sticky Yet ?

I am a nOObie here...

I Think this is Just Enough for All people who are looking for Update Windows98....Wow...

Does it Contain any Custom selection in the installation of this Update Pack ? Actually I don't like Revolution Pack changes the Real Look of Windows98 ?

Any way Thanks.... :thumbup

Don't worry khan, it's a compilation of most of the tools offered for 9x. You choose, with a nice autorun screen, which stuff you want to install.

Essentially it's the same as downloading all the stuff yourself and putting it on one cd with an autorun menu added as a bonus.

Very nice, but it's best to check back here to see if some of the stuff gets updated.

Don't worry khan, it's a compilation of most of the tools offered for 9x. You choose, with a nice autorun screen, which stuff you want to install.

Essentially it's the same as downloading all the stuff yourself and putting it on one cd with an autorun menu added as a bonus.

Very nice, but it's best to check back here to see if some of the stuff gets updated.

Thanks Eck, It will reduce a Lot of Headache....

any way Thanks...