nLite 1.0.1 Final

nuhi

I also have been having some strange issues with services with nlite 1.0 final. It seems that no matter what i do terminal services keeps getting removed. I have tried ryans update pack 2.06, 2.07 and 2.07a with nlite and his own integrator. I do not remove or disable terminal services and yet its gone every time. If someone could shed some lite on this that would be very helpful. Thanks

I attached my last session file also..

I also have the internet explorer icon disappear off the desktop, yet thats easy to put back after first start up.

Not sure if thats related or not.

I hope to see if nlite 1.01 will change anything.

Well I tried nlite 1.01 final and rvpack 2.10 with the same results as before. This time I used ryans integrator to do that part and basicly whenever nlite touches the install it causes the issue i'm having. Without nlite its fine. So I know for a fact that something I'm removing is causing terminal services to also be removed. If someone can shed some light on this PLEASE DO. I'm completely LOST.

I've been able to detirmine that it is none of the following:

ryans update packs any of them 2.06, 2.07, 2.07a 2.10

any custom files I add on after nlite.

any install that occurs during the install from oem's folder

any drivers

any reg tweaks

Basicly I cut out each of these to figure this out and all at the same time and nlite is the only piece of the puzzule thats left. If someone can look at my last session file and tell me what I need to leave in there to keep terminal services that would be helpful.

Thanks

Last_Session.ini

Edited by Madhits45

I also have been having some strange issues with services with nlite 1.0 final. It seems that no matter what i do terminal services keeps getting removed. I have tried ryans update pack 2.06, 2.07 and 2.07a with nlite and his own integrator. I do not remove or disable terminal services and yet its gone every time. If someone could shed some lite on this that would be very helpful. Thanks

I attached my last session file also..

I also have the internet explorer icon disappear off the desktop, yet thats easy to put back after first start up.

Not sure if thats related or not.

I hope to see if nlite 1.01 will change anything.

Well I tried nlite 1.01 final and rvpack 2.10 with the same results as before. This time I used ryans integrator to do that part and basicly whenever nlite touches the install it causes the issue i'm having. Without nlite its fine. So I know for a fact that something I'm removing is causing terminal services to also be removed. If someone can shed some light on this PLEASE DO. I'm completely LOST.

I've been able to detirmine that it is none of the following:

ryans update packs any of them 2.06, 2.07, 2.07a 2.10

any custom files I add on after nlite.

any install that occurs during the install from oem's folder

any drivers

any reg tweaks

Basicly I cut out each of these to figure this out and all at the same time and nlite is the only piece of the puzzule thats left. If someone can look at my last session file and tell me what I need to leave in there to keep terminal services that would be helpful.

Thanks

in nlite in the compatability options for removing things, check the 'Terminal Services' option, i remove a CRAP load from mine, but i tick that and it hides 3 things, always works!

- can ie7 b3 for x64 be slipstreamed into an x64 installaiton

- is wpa removed from an x64 installation (still did not work in rc8)

- will the boot message about pressing any key to boot off the cd be removed for x64 (still did not work in rc8)

I can safely say that the any key message still exists in 1.01 for an x64 installation.

in nlite in the compatability options for removing things, check the 'Terminal Services' option, i remove a CRAP load from mine, but i tick that and it hides 3 things, always works!

Thanks for the HELP!!!

Interesting. I did not try that but I figured out what was causing the issue. Turns out that by removing parts of the accessibilty options (I only like the magnifier and the on screen keyboard) that somehow this removes terminal services. I had these in the remove box and more then just them were being removed.

accwiz.exe

narrator.exe

utilman.exe

narrhook.dll

not sure if these were causing problems either but i kept them off as well.

msconfig.exe

clock.avi

calc.exe

I decided to leave them off and delete them at another part of the setup. There only 300-400k so no biggie.

This is definately a bug in nlite. You should be able to remove the parts of something and not have it kill other things as well like terminal services.

Well there is a bug you can fix nuhi. I love the app and hope you keep making it better.. Thanks a million..

Using nLite 1.0.1, with WinXPsp2 original CD (Dutch), selecting the SAME things I selected months ago with 1.0beta6 or rc6, I am getting a very strange error!

During Classic Setup, Installation of Windows Parts

Status: Terminal Services: configuring basic-Terminal Services.

A Window pops up, "Wizard new Hardware Found"

"There is a problem with the installation of the hardware:"

(My Computer Logo) System

An error has occured during the installation of the device.

--> "A service-installationsection in this INF file is invalid".

Never seen this before, well ofcourse I've seen a Wizard New Hardware before... but not at this very early stage of setup! And it isn't suppose to be there... Just to be clear: this is BEFORE T12/13.

Not sure if its really a bug so I didn't post it, yet.

Edited by ZileXa

I actually also removed keyboard support for all except German & English (US) languages (Dutch wasn't in the list, but Dutch keyboard doesn't excist it's just US I guess) .. unfortunately now my keyboard doesn't work! I don't understand this either..

The only solution for this: don't remove any keyboard layouts... but then that option would be useless.

So I can't checkout setuperr.log :(

Will nLite again and try it out.

Edited by ZileXa

(for these 2 tests I only installed .Net 1.1+2.0, Office 2003, Firefox and 7-zip, all with RunOnceEx at T12/13).

It seems to be more complicated then I thought, pretty sure it is a real bug.

I have attached 2 Last Session.ini's. They are identical except for one thing: :LastSession1 shows I also removed most of the keyboard layouts. LastSession2 is the one I just tried: I kept all keyboard layouts.

the following bugs appear (Dutch WinXP SP2 original CD):

ERROR 1: appears in both setups. See the screenshots below, notice I didn't remove anything concerning Terminal Services.

ERROR 2: Keyboard & Mouse don't work at first boot (and after). Strangely: this happened with both setups! So even with the CD that still contained all keyboardlayouts!

This is the weirdest error I ever had with nLite, been using nLite since v0.86, never had such strange errors.

screenshots of error 1:

errorod8.th.pngFor a translation of this window, see post #35. I think this stage is called T9, not sure, see #35 for more info.

When I click "Voltooien" (Dutch for "Finish"), I can see the progressbar was at "Configuring Terminal Services", and it continued directly with "Finishing configuration of WMI".

The installation continues normally until first boot, WIHU is started so that I can create users... but the keyboard and mouse don't work.

Since keyboard & mouse don't work it is impossible for me to create a user or login and open SETUPERR.LOG. Keyboard/mouse don't work in Safe Mode either.

I hope all the info is clear and someone can clear this up...

Last_Session2.ini

Last_Session1.ini

Edited by ZileXa

Yeah I was considering doing that... just wasn't sure if it would be worth it.. I don't even have a theory of what could cause these errors... I think they are related..

problem is the laptop that runs VM fast is now screwed... I thought the new Setup (with keyboardlayouts) would work fine so I used it on the laptop..

but I will try on my PC... it's a lot slower but it should work.

EDIT:

OK so I used VirtualPC... and WinImage to explore the .VHD file (virtual harddisk).

I opened the SETUPERR.LOG but it doesn't contain useful info, it's in Dutch but I attached it anyway. Renamed it to .TXT otherwise I couldn't upload it.

it gives 2 messages (translation):

Error:
NetSetup: The name of this computer is according to the answerfile XP2-PC not unique within the network, the name has been renamed to GEBRUIKE-CNYBIY.

Error:
NetSetup: The section [Identification] does not contain valid information to become a member of a domain or workgroup. Since this is an unattended setup, setup will now continue and place the computer into the standardworkgroup.

Very basic errors... not even real errors... about the first one: the pc I ran VirtualPC on is connected to the wireless network, and my main pc, also in the network, is called XP2-PC.

About the second error: in my WINNT.SIF, section [identification] JoinWorkgroup = ...

the name I entered here was too long... that's all..

So it doesn't say anything about the errors during setup.

I did discover the following: At first boot, when I have to create users with WIHU, the keyboard doesn't work so I RESET the pc. Windows restarts and I have to enter my password for the Administrator to logon.

--> at the moment I see the logonscreen, the mouse works for a few seconds! Perhaps the keyboarddrivers aren't fully loaded yet.

very very strange huh..

Any other usefull LOG files I could checkout?

EDIT2: what's the use of UBCD4Win? I have been using nLite since 0.86 like I said, and I create my ISO the old fashioned way with a batchfile and cdimage.exe... but I also created it with nLite.. no difference there.

setuperr.txt

WINNT.SIF

Edited by ZileXa

excellent tool, however am just asking does this hav a UNDO option?

OR a can it deploy by adding these to the boot menu: Safe Mode, Last known...., profile 1, recovery console, use another boot.ini, replace or repair HAL, etc?

Edited by ideas

Hi there

I'm pleased to see that there's a new version out there that I will surely test ;-)))

I found a screenshot of SafeXP with options on it that you can add or delete in a future build?

safeXPscr.gif

You can do whatever you want with my idea. I just hoped to contributed to something :-)