2GHz to 2.5GHz

hougtimo

well the 4000 san diego's stock speed is 2.4ghz... nice overclock

Thanks :D - it will go further, but if i goto 2.6Ghz it hits the upper end of 39'C :unsure: So, I'll, justs tick with it where it is i think :D

it will be around 3700+ performance, its the 512k cache that lets the chip down compared to the higher end chips. 39'C is an acceptable heat for the chip, you could just put a nice zalman or arctic freezer HS/Fan and that should lower the temp down to aroun 34'C

Edited by ScubaSteve

What tests ?..

and what fsb is your ram on ?.. and is it 1:1 ?..

Try using SuperPI to test the 1M, and see how many sek it takes :)

mine takes it in 36,xx sek @ 2,4 ( Realy Bad Stepping :( )

do you know your stepping ? if so tjek on Xtremesystems how high that are clocking it :D

ps. My 1800+ DLT3C @ 2,6ghz takes it on 40sek :D

Edited by Che0ps

well the 4000 san diego's stock speed is 2.4ghz... nice overclock

Thanks :D - it will go further, but if i goto 2.6Ghz it hits the upper end of 39'C :unsure: So, I'll, justs tick with it where it is i think :D

I don't think 39°C is too hot... according to official AMD specification your CPU can run up to 70°C so you still have a large temperature range left.

lol, 70C is way too hot

is it 40C for your idle temp? if so then whats your load?

No, 40'C is under load (after running the CPU stress software for about 4 hours). I have never had this PC ever go over 35'C before, especially with the cooling system i have in it.

You still have plenty of room to overclock, it's nowhere near overheating. Keep going up until the frequency limit is reached, it seems temperature will not be much of a concern.

You still have plenty of room to overclock, it's nowhere near overheating. Keep going up until the frequency limit is reached, it seems temperature will not be much of a concern.

Yeah, i think i will give it another go when i get home - BTW my system is water cooled, just for those wandering. cooling alone cost best part of £150

anyway, ill let you know how i do!

HougTimo