[REQUEST] Vista Trasformation Pack 4

SonWolve

i dont think it will work if it will be available...caz we must eject windows cd during setup of this pack! so SVCPACK addon wont work with it! however..u can install it via runonceex ...just download a little utility named "CDR" which ejects the cd automatically via command prompt..and then installs this pack!

amit_talkin I don't get what you mean. Why do you have to swap CDs? I'm confused...

There is no need to swap CDs.

However, if Windows File Protection is still active, then during the install process Windows will scream that you overwrote protected files and prompt you to put in the Install CD to restore Windows system files.

There is no need to swap CDs.

However, if Windows File Protection is still active, then during the install process Windows will scream that you overwrote protected files and prompt you to put in the Install CD to restore Windows system files.

just do one thing...download this transformation pack! put your windows xp sp2 cd in cd drive...and try to install this pack on your system now!

it will force u to remove your XP cd from cd-rom!

Why would you put the CD in the drive in the first place. But installing the pack you are intentionally trying to overwrite system files. No doubt the installer is smart enough to stop you and make you take out the CD, because if it were there, and Windows File Protection were active, then it would overwrite the Visual Transformation Pack and make the installer moot.

However, when making an nLite CD, the default option is to disable Windows File Protection. I'm not sure how much of an issue any of this is.

Either way, I'm holding out for a version of the pack (hopefully the next one) that can be properly slipstreamed.

Why would you put the CD in the drive in the first place. But installing the pack you are intentionally trying to overwrite system files. No doubt the installer is smart enough to stop you and make you take out the CD, because if it were there, and Windows File Protection were active, then it would overwrite the Visual Transformation Pack and make the installer moot.

However, when making an nLite CD, the default option is to disable Windows File Protection. I'm not sure how much of an issue any of this is.

Either way, I'm holding out for a version of the pack (hopefully the next one) that can be properly slipstreamed.

it isnt matter that SFC is disable or enable..this pack not varifying that it is on or off! it just check that windows XP cd is inside or not! even if u disable SFC ..it will tell u to remove CD...and during T-13 stage..when this pack should be installed ( if svcpack of it can be made ) windows cd will be in drive obviously....and it wont let u install the pack..

thts it!

Edited by amit_talkin

If you do the silent install, I don't think it stops and pops up the message. And you don't need to worry about the CD overriding the Transformation Pack if SFC is disabled.

Either way, I still encourage people to wait for a proper slipstream install.