Music

For users who play audio while installing their programs, how long does the entire install process take (minutes), and how many songs do you play (before install process is done)?

I am contemplating writing my own audio player code both for the main WPI window and the Installer window, but may just be a waste of time. Or it might prove to be very beneficial.

New audio player sounds great. The one I original made in one of the old versions seen to give many people problems, but if you could make a new one that would be cool. I have seen my installs take anywere from 10 min to 60 min depending on the items I install. (That is on a AMD 64) Programs install fast, but I some times install all of them.

If you figure average songs (Music CD's) are about 3-4 min long that should help you determin you number. I would say min 1-3 songs, max 20 songs.

songs , 4..6max .

the problems with actual player came from an autoIT library included in .exe files

audio.exe & closeaudio.exe

false positive , but ... the problem still exist ...... i live in bitdefender country ...

i suppose the new media player will be also in pure java ?

not related, but , i wish the new wpi.exe file capable

to run before AND after WPI, a custom .exe, or .cmd ore else..

i use this in my actual wpi.cmd.

i cant wait for 5.0 . i still use a 4.3.8beta2 ,

because i was waiting for promised 4.4 ...

@oneless

Execute Before and Execute After install process is built-in. Way ahead of you. ;-)

I made one version of a media player, but then realized it wouldn't automatically go to the next song, so.......will be dropping that for now.

Thanks, guys.

I figured out the path problem I was having so my audio player is history, going back to the built-in one (same as the main WPI window). Just needed a little JavaScript trickery.

It is built-in to the installer, not a seperate window as in previous versions.

i have it copy the audio over to the hard drive to stop any lag in the songs

at the WPI menu

one song about 3:13

7 songs afters dueing the install about 30 mins

total about time: about 34 mins

47 mb of mp3s