how to integrate that

sqra

Theme:

• Install the theme.
  • Open your WINDOWS or WINNT folder on your current install.
  • Copy the folder "Resources" to your $OEM$\$$ folder
  • Open the folder $OEM$\$$\Resources and delete all folders except "Themes"

Bootscreen:

Add this to the sif, too (it's just an example of one I used):

[shell]

DefaultThemesOff = "No"

DefaultStartPanelOff = "Yes"

CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\Crystal dlb 2.theme"

And, yes, they are correct: 1) there are a gaggle of add-on CABs for themes, most of which I've used, too--get them as you see fit; and 2) using the OEM folders method, you can indeed add as many as your CD/DVD will allow (one time I've shoved in 300MB of themes there myself!)

• 1 month later...

BootScreen

I have made bootscreen using TuneUp Utilities, have replaced original bootsreen files in sp2.cab with mine (ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlmp.exe, ntkrnlpa.exe, ntkrpamp.exe) and two files (ntoskrnl.ex_ and ntkrnlmp.ex_) in folder i386 in source Windows XP installation.

After nLite process i was badly astonished, 2 files in SP2.cab and in i386 were replaced back (ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlmp.exe)! I saw this only after test installation. How was it done?

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, really need help here:

I put these folders in the root folder of the setup CD:

$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes

and

$OEM$\$$\Web\Wallpaper

Then, per THIS guide's instructions I put the following to the end of my WINNT.SIF file (located in the I386 folder)

[shell]

CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%ResourceDir%\Themes\Energy Blue.theme".

Now, there basically were two problems, though I guess the one has to do with the other.

The afore mentioned theme as you may or may not know uses the infamous Royale style which, in order to function correctly, must replace the original "luna.msstyles" file and add the "Royale\shellstyle.dll" in the "Luna\Shell" folder. For my PC it works correctly.

For the new CD however which I tested with a virtual PC setup tried to use the .theme but failed miserably because:

a) NONE of the files in the $OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes and $OEM$\$$\Web\Wallpaper folders were copied in the windows folder and

b) Because although the new "luna.msstyles" came straight from Microsoft nevertheless as soon as I try to manually copy it in the right place it gets replaced by the original "luna.msstyles" (after my 2nd attempt I tried to delete the old "luna.msstyles" without the setup image loaded. Soon enough windows complained that critical file was replaced by a file that could not be validated (or sth) and that the original should be copied back again in order not to lose system stability blah blah blah...).

So, for me the afore mentioned method won't work (I suspect that the files were not copied because setup hiccupped at the "luna.msstyles" copy process).

Is there a way for me to DIRECTLY slipstream the afore mentioned file into the windows installation?

EDIT:Clarification: I did have the patched dll for themes installed. All other unofficial styles that I tried after manually copying them worked fine.

Edited by Keeperos

:P Busted...

No, I wanted to retain the repair/recovery console functions and AFAIK the only way to do that is to skip the "[unattended]" portion of the winnt.sif file.

But this changes little. Even like that the problem I'll be solving will be the files not being copied.

As soon as windows detect the altered "luna.msstyles" they'll still try to restore the original one.

What I want is for windows to install the Royale "luna.msstyles" instead of the original.

Please do note that the new "luna.msstyles" has 4 styles, the 3 original PLUS the Royale one so it is a complete replacement for the original and it did come directly from Microsoft unaltered...

Update: After A LOT of searching I found the original "WindowsXP-TabletPC-EnergyBlueTheme-x86-ENU.exe". I thought I would try the manual integrate switch.

Surprise surprise, it wanted the tablet PC version files for it to be integrated.

Next one was the nLite integration. Here's sth. The nLite integration said that it couldn't find the "energybliss.jpg" in the ISO for it to update...

Hmm, apparently the only thing stoping the nLite integration is that the ISO doens't have some non-critical files. Is there a way to make nLite ignore this and integrate the files nevertheless???

This could solve everything I think...

Edited by Keeperos