Nero 7.2.0.3

Sanjay

Glowy,

I have added a couple of entries at the end to delete some other shortcuts - if you do a full install of everything it adds extra shortcuts, so I've added the ability to remove them if wanted. I've used your StringUpper idea, thanks for that.

I also changed the 'ShortCut Options' to 'y' if you want to delete them, rather than create them which seemed more appropriate now.

I have disabled the $SOpt1 option, and removed the relevant code; the problem here is that if people install other options the tick box that this clicks on might not be the one to disable the AutoPlay option, and will be enabling or disabling something else! - if you can figure out how to remove the AutoPlay entries post-install with the shortcuts I'd appreciate it (the registry isn't really my thing!)

Thanks.

Nero7.au3

salawinder,

I realize the script is yours, so I appologise for not making this clear enough. The thing is you both came up with scripts as you updated them, so that I rather ruthlessly referred to them according to whoever had done the posting. Sorry! :blushing:

Edited by Sangi

salawinder,

I realize the script is yours, so I appologise for not making this clear enough. The thing is you both came up with scripts as you updated them, so that I rather ruthlessly referred to them according to whoever had done the posting. Sorry! :blushing:

Sangi,

No need to apologise, Glowy has been as much a part of making this work as I have, and I'm in no way enough of a primadonna to lay claim to this script, it is a colaboration, and you've helped by testing it!

Without the feedback we wouldn't know where we were going wrong - the first draft I posted did everything I wanted it to; but as I quickly realised, there were other configurations that made some parts of the script work and others not.

As a matter of fact I still plan on using Nero 6.6 for the time-being, I still find the interface for 7 more complicated - for example when you complete a burn using Nero StartSmart, it gives you the options to burn a new project, burn the same project etc, but where is the exit button? - you have to click the X on the window to close it, and for the people I am installing this for that would just confuse things!

Rant over (if the Nero developers are reading, take note of the above and stop making your installer so difficult!)

:):):)

I have a request for you guys. Is it possible for you to add a few registry tweaks to your script. I end up happening to add them to each new version of the script and I also thought that others might also be interested in them. To make things simpler, I am pasting here the entire two affected sections of the script.

; Disable NeroFilterCheck startup process (nerocheck.exe)?
$DisableNeroFilterCheck = 1
; Enable prompt to save unsaved project/compilation when exiting?
$ProjectSavingState = 0
; Enable DVD overburning?
$EnableDVDOverSize = 1
; Disable/Prevent the CD/DVD from ejecting after burning is complete.
$EjectTheCDLater = 1
; Enable Nero Waiting For Disc Sound.
$CdChangeCheck = 1
; Enable Burn Process Fail Sound.
$CdFailCheck = 1
; Enable Burn Process Successful Sound.
$CdSuccessCheck = 1
; Enable Verify Written Data after Burn.
$UseVerifyAfterBurn = 1
; Enable show real recorder write speed while burning.
$ShowSingleRecorderSpeed = 1
; Enable Short Lead-Out?
$ShortLeadOut = 1

; -----------> User configuration ends here. <-----------
#endregion

#region Final Options.

; Program configuration section.
$RunRegPath = 'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run'
$NeroRegPath = 'HKCU\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom'

If $DisableNeroFilterCheck = 1 Then RegDelete('HKLM\' & $RunRegPath, 'NeroFilterCheck')
If $ProjectSavingState = 0 Then RegWrite($NeroRegPath & '\General', 'ProjectSavingState', 'REG_DWORD', '0')
If $EnableDVDOverSize = 1 Then RegWrite($NeroRegPath & '\General', 'EnableDVDOverSize', 'REG_DWORD', '1')
If $EjectTheCDLater = 1 Then RegWrite($NeroRegPath & '\General', 'EjectTheCDLater', 'REG_DWORD', '1')
If $CdChangeCheck = 1 Then RegWrite($NeroRegPath & '\General', 'CdChangeCheck', 'REG_DWORD', '1')
If $CdFailCheck = 1 Then RegWrite($NeroRegPath & '\General', 'CdFailCheck', 'REG_DWORD', '1')
If $CdSuccessCheck = 1 Then RegWrite($NeroRegPath & '\General', 'CdSuccessCheck', 'REG_DWORD', '1')
If $UseVerifyAfterBurn = 1 Then RegWrite($NeroRegPath & '\General', 'UseVerifyAfterBurn', 'REG_DWORD', '1')
If $ShowSingleRecorderSpeed = 1 Then RegWrite($NeroRegPath & '\Recorder', 'ShowSingleRecorderSpeed', 'REG_DWORD', '1')
If $ShortLeadOut = 1 Then RegWrite($NeroRegPath & '\Recorder', 'ShortLeadOut', 'REG_DWORD', '375')
If StringUpper( $Opt3 ) = "N" Then RegDelete('HKCU\' & $RunRegPath, 'BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}')
RegWrite($NeroRegPath & '\Settings', 'WorkingDir', 'REG_SZ', @TempDir)

Regarding 'AutoPlay', the thing that when you load a Blank CD into the computer it gives you the option to open it with Nero etc. I am most certainly interested in it and I am sure there must be others too.

Once again thanks a lot for your efforts, you guys have finally made it possible to move up to Nero 7.

Edited by Sanjay

Sanjay,

If you are changing the script in a way that makes it better for everyone, and post it as a script yourself!

Glowy and I have put our 2p worth into the project, so f you have something to add don't be worried about our feelings, post away - as they say the more the merrier.

I haven't tested your additions, so can't be 100% sure they are working (my test system is working on something else), so if you have tested them, post it as an improvement.

EDIT: I just re-read that, and it sounds a bit as though I'm telling you off, don't take it that way, I have no problem with anyone changing the script, if it makes it better then it helps everyone. I haven't had chance to test your additions, so take the credit for them by uploading your modified script.

Edited by salawinder

Sanjay,

If you are changing the script in a way that makes it better for everyone, and post it as a script yourself!

I haven't tested your additions, so can't be 100% sure they are working (my test system is working on something else), so if you have tested them, post it as an improvement.

Thanks salawinder, but the reason I requested you to add the registry tweaks was that I am not sure how the additions may effect the rest of the script, since I don't really know anything about scripting. Although I have been adding these on my own in all the different versions of the script so far and they have always worked for me. Infact since these are registry tweaks and not really linked to the script itself they should still work as they always have even with all older versions and builds.

Anyhow, before I go claiming any credit and posting my modified version of the script, I have just run into a problem with the latest script posted by you. During the install the following error message comes up:

post-27401-1147466255_thumb.jpg

I don't think that the error is related to anything that I have added, although I may be wrong. Since, like I said earlier I don't know too much about scripting. But while going thru the script in trying to figure out if there was something I did to cause the error, I think I may have identified the problem in the script.

It seems that the following typo may be the problem:

; De-Select Nero Recode
If StringUpper( $Opt6 = ) "N" Then <--- THE LINE WITH THE POSSIBLE TYPO
Sleep( $DelayTime )
MouseClick ( "left" , 62 , 222 , 1 , 1 )
MouseClick ( "left" , 62 , 286 , 1 , 1 )
EndIf

Based on what I have observed in the rest of the script, shouldn't the code read like this?

; De-Select Nero Recode
If StringUpper( $Opt6 ) = "N" Then <--- THE LINE WITH THE POSSIBLE TYPO
Sleep( $DelayTime )
EndIf

Edited by Sanjay

Sanjay,

Thanks salawinder, but the reason I requested you to add the registry tweaks was that I am not sure how the additions may effect the rest of the script, since I don't really know anything about scripting. Although I have been adding these on my own in all the different versions of the script so far and they have always worked for me. Infact since these are registry tweaks and not really linked to the script itself they should still work as they always have even with all older versions and builds.

Anyhow, before I go claiming any credit and posting my modified version of the script, I have just run into a problem with the latest script posted by you. During the install the following error message comes up:

post-27401-1147466255_thumb.jpg

I don't think that the error is related to anything that I have added although I may be wrong since like I said earlier I don't know too much about scripting. But going thy the script in trying to figure out if there was something I did to cause the error I think I may have identified the problem in the script.

; De-Select Nero Recode
Sleep( $DelayTime )
EndIf

Based on what I have observed in the rest of the script, shouldn't the code read like this?

; De-Select Nero Recode
Sleep( $DelayTime )
EndIf

Same here, yes that will do it just move the = to sort it.

Cheers

MC.

I don't think that the error is related to anything that I have added, although I may be wrong. Since, like I said earlier I don't know too much about scripting. But while going thru the script in trying to figure out if there was something I did to cause the error, I think I may have identified the problem in the script.

; De-Select Nero Recode
Sleep( $DelayTime )

; De-Select Nero Recode
Sleep( $DelayTime )

I edited the offending typo and tried the script again. The problem seems to be solved and there are no more errors. Also the whole install went smoothly and everything seems to be in perfect order so far.

I am attaching the final script, which has some small contributions from me.

Now modified for 'Nero 7.2.3.2'

AutoIt_Nero_7.x.au3

Edited by Sanjay

My question might be a bit off..but, the script from Autoit works on the English ver. of Nero.

I live in Norway...... :whistle:

Is it possible to do the Install in English, so that the script works? :}

Floppy,

Glowy has made a Dutch version of the script, and there are differences, mainly what text the script looks for during the installation. A Norwegian script would need to be modified to look for the text on the Norwegian installer.

If you'd like to voulenteer to make a Norwegian version.....

Alternatively you should be able to use the English or Dutch versions of the script with the English or Dutch installers and they 'should' work fine!

I edited the offending typo and tried the script again. The problem seems to be solved and there are no more errors. Also the whole install went smoothly and everything seems to be in perfect order so far.

I am attaching the final script, which has some small contributions from me.

Sanjay,

Thanks for spotting this, and adding your contributions. Like I say anybody can help out!

I have modified the script for Italian version of nero but i have added two features that (i think) are importants for all.

First modification is launch a reg file of nero. Why? In this way all i nero's windows during installation have the same title (for new installation of nero in a clear windows and for an update of a existing nero installation)

the second modification is one control that change installation in a case that nero is installed on the system and we want to upgrade it.

I have one problem with selection of companent...

anyone have a correct selection that go fine???

thank

Sorry for my english

Nero_7.x.au3

I have modified the script for Italian version of nero but i have added two features that (i think) are importants for all.

First modification is launch a reg file of nero. Why? In this way all i nero's windows during installation have the same title (for new installation of nero in a clear windows and for an update of a existing nero installation)

the second modification is one control that change installation in a case that nero is installed on the system and we want to upgrade it.

thank

Sorry for my english

frasuperbike,

Thanks for your input!

The first modification should not bee needed though, I saw that the title bar changed during the installation, and realised that if people were installing different versions the title bar would differ even more, so I set the option WinTitleMatchMode to look for a part of the title, so in your case it would look for just "Installazione guidata" throughout the script, rather than "Nero 7 Ultra Edition - Installazione guidata", then even if the title bar changes the "Installazione guidata" should remain the same.

I think you 2nd modification is for people who are upgrading from an earlier version of Nero, if this is correct (and presuming it works) that's okay, but the intention of my script is for use during an unattended install, so this shouldn't be an issue. I'll leave it out of my script, but if it works for you, all the better!

Thanks.

Thanks.

thank

Sorry for my english

frasuperbike,

Thanks for your input!

The first modification should not bee needed though, I saw that the title bar changed during the installation, and realised that if people were installing different versions the title bar would differ even more, so I set the option WinTitleMatchMode to look for a part of the title, so in your case it would look for just "Installazione guidata" throughout the script, rather than "Nero 7 Ultra Edition - Installazione guidata", then even if the title bar changes the "Installazione guidata" should remain the same.

I think you 2nd modification is for people who are upgrading from an earlier version of Nero, if this is correct (and presuming it works) that's okay, but the intention of my script is for use during an unattended install, so this shouldn't be an issue. I'll leave it out of my script, but if it works for you, all the better!

Thanks.

Thanks.

The second modification is used for the unattended installation...(i use it in the "WPI CD"). But with my prove i can't install nero without launch reg file before...i don't know why. with this way nero go fine in all situation...

For the problem of components? I have did a prove to set Y all components but nothing...after installation nero was installed without all componets???

Edited by frasuperbike