Nero 7.2.0.3

Sanjay

Couldn't you try yourself to improve the script? hey.

Cheers

MC.

I had not mean't my post as a criticism, rather it was simply to understand the reason why. But I can see now how it could seem as a criticism, so I would like to appologize to 'salavinder' & 'glowy' and also would like to thank them for their efforts.

Well that was easy... just add an extra line
RunWait('regsvr32 /u /s "' & @CommonFilesDir & '\Ahead\Lib\NeroSearchBar.dll"')

Changing and testing script now. :)

Edit: that worked! after the reboot the toolbar is gone.

Where exactly should this line be added in the script?

Edit: Now to get that icon out of the way, not so simple as I was thinking in the first place. The menufolder is named different with each version of nero (enterprise, Ultra, etc.)

Ideas anyone?

The following is from the old script by BoardBabe, maybe it has a clue:

; Remove invalid Nero Scout shortcut and rename 'Nero 7 Demo' add/remove title.
If FileChangeDir(@ProgramsCommonDir) Then
$search = FileFindFirstFile('Nero 7*')
If $search <> - 1 Then
$NeroVersion = FileFindNextFile($search)
If Not @error Then
If FileExists($NeroVersion & '\Nero Scout.lnk') Then
FileDelete($NeroVersion & '\Nero Scout.lnk')
EndIf
For $i = 1 To 1000
$key = RegEnumKey('HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Products\', $i)
If @error Then ExitLoop
$value = RegRead('HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Products\' & $key, 'ProductName')
If @error Then ContinueLoop
If StringInStr($value, 'Nero') Then
RegWrite('HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Products\' & $key, 'ProductName', 'REG_SZ', $NeroVersion)
ExitLoop
EndIf
Next
EndIf
FileClose($search)
EndIf
EndIf

Edited by Sanjay

Glowy,

Thanks for your help on this, I'm clearly not as fast as you at testing and updating. Your help is appreciated.

I had noticed that the 'Scout' toolbar was there & was looking for a way to get rid of it, so thanks for getting rid of that. For some reason on my test PC the Icon in My Computer is not there - perhaps another reboot ?

Sanjay, your comments are not taken as a critisism, when I looked at BoardBabes script it looked perfect, and it seems the guys at Nero almost purposely (I'm not paranoid, I can prove it!!) stopped the installer from working that way, so now the only way to automate the install (unless someone else finds an alternative) is by getting the computer to 'click' the buttons you would to manually install the software.

I am going to test some more on spare computers to see if I can get any further, but as I say above Glowy might be quicker on the ball!

Glowy,

You might want to check the last script you posted - I think you left something in it you shouldn't have ?? :blushing:

Updated script which includes the option to hide the progree dialogues (Thanks to Glowy).

I have adde the command to get rid of the Scout Toolbar (again thanks to Glowy)

Plus I figured out how to get rid of the scout shortcut which should work for any version.

Enjoy, and keep the feedback coming.....

Nero7.au3

salawinder & Glowy,

Thanks again!

Now here's my feedback:

Glowy:

As you suggested, I added

RunWait('regsvr32 /u /s "' & @CommonFilesDir & '\Ahead\Lib\NeroSearchBar.dll"')

to the last line of the script, and it worked: no more Nero Scout taskbar! But as you yourself mentioned, the Nero Scout Start menu link is still there...

salawinder:

Your last sript eliminates the Nero Scout Start menu link, but the taskbar is still there.

As Mavericks Choice mentioned, neither script add a shortcut to quicklaunch (NB. The script was duly edited to (y) for that option).

So, I cheated :blushing::blushing::blushing: : since I know nothing of script writing I used Glowy's last one and deleted/added the above mentioned shortcuts through my Cleanup.cmd. With no knowledge of script writing, I simply wouldn't be able to deal with the taskbar issue.

Edited by Sangi

Glowy,

You might want to check the last script you posted - I think you left something in it you shouldn't have ?? :blushing:

Whoopsie :blushing: removed, script replaced.

great work on the menu icon!

now lets have a look at that QL icon....

no idea how to do it yet, the selection screen is dynamic based on your feature selection.

Edited by Glowy

I have tried installing several times each time with a different experience. It seems that for some reason the script is very inconsistent in the final installation results. Once I ran ti and 'everything' got installed with no quick launch icon. Then again I ran it and this time only the programs I chose got installed except 'Nero Photosnap' also got installed but this time the Quick Launch shortcut is there.

I have tried installing several times each time with a different experience. It seems that for some reason the script is very inconsistent in the final installation results. Once I ran ti and 'everything' got installed with no quick launch icon. Then again I ran it and this time only the programs I chose got installed except 'Nero Photosnap' also got installed but this time the Quick Launch shortcut is there.
This is because when selecting certain options tab's are removed/added in the final screen.

I think its better when QL icon is set to N to remove the .lnk file afterwards than to simulate mouseclicks, because it would become too complicated.

Edited by Glowy

DOH!

I see the problem as clear as mud!

I was using certain options, which meant on the final options screen I only had three options available, and my 'MouseClicks' were set for those - I have just done an install with all components and can see the problem. I think I will drop the MouseClicks for these Options and manually delete the shortcuts.....

.....Working on it now......

Good work Glowy,

1 problem though - I noticed when doing this that the final page of options during installation can have other pages on it, so the AutoPlay setting will not work either.

Personally I don't have a problem with this and if the applications are not installed then I can't see why others would either (feedback please).

So it would be best if you remove that from the script (lines 281 to 288).

Other than that I think it's we've cracked it!

Good work Glowy,

1 problem though - I noticed when doing this that the final page of options during installation can have other pages on it, so the AutoPlay setting will not work either.

Personally I don't have a problem with this and if the applications are not installed then I can't see why others would either (feedback please).

So it would be best if you remove that from the script (lines 281 to 288).

You are very welcome

I have no problem with it, if someone wants it, we can do it by registry

Other than that I think it's we've cracked it!
And then Ahead will release another pain in the a** :whistle: Edited by Glowy

Guys,

You've lost me now :huh: :

1. Whatever the mistake was on Glowy's last scripts, all I want to know is whether it would affect Nero's performance, does it?

2. As I understand it the previous scripts seemed to have a problem regarding different options:

This is because when selecting certain options tab's are removed/added in the final screen.
i.e. different options would lead to different outcomes, so here's a copy of my options:
; Choose components to install (y) or exclude (n).

$Opt1 = "y"; NeroStartSmart

$Opt2 = "y"; NeroBurningRom

$Opt3 = "n"; NeroHome

$Opt4 = "n"; NeroVision

$Opt5 = "n"; NeroShowTime

$Opt6 = "n"; NeroRecode

$Opt7 = "n"; NeroMediaHome

$Opt8 = "n"; NeroBackItUp

$Opt9 = "y"; NeroCoverDesigner

$Opt10 = "n"; NeroPhotoSnap

$Opt11 = "y"; NeroWaveEditor

$Opt12 = "y"; NeroSoundTrax

$Opt13 = "y"; NeroImageDrive

$Opt14 = "n"; InCD

$Opt15 = "y"; Tools

$Opt16 = "n"; SpecialFeatures

; Add Nero to the AutoPlay Options

$SOpt1 = "y"; Add Nero to the AutoPlay Options

$SOpt2 = "n"; Create Desktop Shortcut

$SOpt3 = "y"; Create QuickLaunch Shortcut

And I seem to have got most of what I wanted:

(i) Nero StarSmart, Nero Express, Nero SoundTrax, Nero WaveEditor, Nero Burning ROM, Nero CoverDesigner, Nero CD-DVD Speed, Nero DriveSpeed, Nero ImageDrive, Nero InfoTool, Nero ProductSetup, and they're all working!

(ii) Neither Nero Home nor Scout are anywhere in sight.

(iii) As for AutoPlay, is that the thing that when you load a CD into the computer it gives you the option to open it with Nero? If so, it has not been installed, and here's my feedback: NO I DON'T NEED IT!

(iv) Shortcuts: as mentioned earlier, I bypassed the Script and solved it via my Cleanup.cmd (Both Quicklaunch and Nero Scout).

Now, here's what I want to know: what is the difference between Glowy's two last scripts? Apart from the seemingly embarrassing mistake, of which I was, am and wish to remain blissfully unaware, what has changed?

PLEASE let me know!

Edited by Sangi

1. It's just a simulated install, so no, this will not affect performance, even if a mistake was made in the script

2. correct, and the only problem was the desktop/quicklaunch icons, this is corrected

3. uhm... while checking I noticed that $SOpt1 = "y"; isn't used further in the script, so it doesn't do anything

maybe salawinder removed it already??

4. shortcuts are now removed by the script.

The scripts are not mine but from salawinder, I'm just helping out. :)

The thing changed is that the icon's (desktop and quicklaunch) are no longer enabled/disabled by mouseclicks, but by removing the .lnk files after the install.

The "mistake" was that the final setup screen is dynamic, dependent of the selected features.

the autorun part is untouched in the last script, and might/might not work, depending on the selected features. It is best to remove it from the script I think, but this is not done yet.

and there are a few cosmetic changes.

The embarrasing part was that I left the serialnumber in one of the scripts. :blushing:

hope this helps..

Edited by Glowy