Suitable Case Fan

3aces

i have an Aspire X - QPACK, case this is an absolutly amazing case for the price.

the problem i have is when i brought the case it came with an exhuast fan, which is noisy as hell, im running an Athlon64 3700+ in this case, so the exhaust fan is required i mean it is cooled directly with an zalman 7700cu cooler, so that part is quite.

so i was wondering can anyone recommend a exhaust fan which is next to silent... money is not an object seeing as i have already spend 800+ on this build

Thanks

Check out what the guys on silentpcreview.com have to say. Summary: Panaflo, Papst & Nexus are highly regarded. It seems that Nexus are really good when you don't want to jack around with undervolting and such. That silly orange color though...

Check out what the guys on silentpcreview.com have to say. Summary: Panaflo, Papst & Nexus are highly regarded. It seems that Nexus are really good when you don't want to jack around with undervolting and such. That silly orange color though...

thanks for that is makes an interesting read, also during my searches on Goolge.. i came acroos this

SilenX 11dBa

now this is a seriously quite fan, i was wondering if there is anyone out there who has one of these, if they would post about it.. things such as tempertures readings and noise levels during the night weather its durable and worth the money

Much Appritiate It

Thanks

Yup, I recommend Nexus if I really want to recommend something. I have a 90mm that does 19db, I don't hear it at all. and is was very cheap. Papst is more expensive and uses a sleeve instead of ball-bearings. In theorie these don't live as long as ballbearings.

I think that there a lot of good and silent fans in general. So I feel that the best advice I can give you is not to spent to much money on it.

( But I must say that a panaflo that does 35db probably sounds like a vacuumcleaner to me, horrible! That must be a CPU cooler, not a casefan)

edit: Too late you have found something already, looks very nice and indeed very very silent :)

Edited by noguru

Yup, I recommend Nexus if I really want to recommend something. I have a 90mm that does 19db, I don't hear it at all. and is was very cheap. Papst is more expensive and uses a sleeve instead of ball-bearings. In theorie these don't live as long as ballbearings.

I think that there a lot of good and silent fans in general. So I feel that the best advice I can give you is not to spent to much money on it.

( But I must say that a panaflo that does 35db probably sounds like a vacuumcleaner to me, horrible! That must be a CPU cooler, not a casefan)

edit: Too late you have found something already, looks very nice and indeed very very silent :)

thanks alot for your suggestion!!

:no:

I just leave the case covers OFF and don't need no silly case fan.

The whole inside of my computer stays at room temperature.

The cpu stays cooler and so does everything else.

And there's NO fan noise! It don't get no better'n that! :thumbup

:whistle: