Sound card cant be detected

roger04

I had a few probs with da RAM and I reformatted it.. since then.. my pc cant detect the sound card I have.. someone pls help..

Hey you can take the soundcard out and reseat it, that may help. If you have a diagnostic program for your card use it, it may help to identify the problem.

Sunil

I had a few probs with da RAM and I reformatted it.. since then.. my pc cant detect the sound card I have.. someone pls help..

Hey you can take the soundcard out and reseat it, that may help. If you have a diagnostic program for your card use it, it may help to identify the problem.

Sunil

id do that after i remove then install the drivers :)

Remove it and restart it without the hardware installed. The shut sown the computer and put the sound card in another PCI slot. Install the latest drivers.

Also try going in to your devive manager hardware section and sorting the devices by IRQs see what Hardware is sharing what IRQs. In the case which your sound card is sharing lots of the same resorces, move things around and see if you can get them to use their own.

|Drew|

Remove it and restart it without the hardware installed. Then shut down the computer and put the sound card in another PCI slot. Install the latest drivers

:)

doggie, irq's wont change if the software is still there. you need to pull it all and reboot.

Remove it and restart it without the hardware installed. Then shut down the computer and put the sound card in another PCI slot. Install the latest drivers

:)

doggie, irq's wont change if the software is still there. you need to pull it all and reboot.

yeah forgot to mention that :rolleyes: