Norton Corporate VS Retail

Corporate has a smaller memory footprint, different GUI (simple and uglier, but we prefer it over the retail, which requires sunglasses to view :rolleyes:)

Corporate seems to be a very strong stable version, and the fact its made for businesses makes us feel more protected against viruses :)

i think it also has less impact on system resources...

i definetly prefer corporate, as Aaron said, the interface might be not that nice, but i believe its more stable,

and yes, makes me feel more protected because it 'corporate' :)

besides, i think it doesnt have live update expiration, at least its not mentioned anywhere in the program

• 5 months later...

everybody just HOLD ON!!! For the love of GOD, won't you let the poor boy install Norton Antivirus, Corporate Edition?!

But seriously, the following may or may not be 100% accurate, but it is acurate in my experience.

1) I attempted an installation of NAV Corporate onto a WinXP_SP1 machine joined to a workgroup, which generated (after installation?) a message informing me that Corp. edition could not be installed on a standalone workstation/non-domain computer.

2) A friend/fellow computer nerd recently attempted to install NAV Pro (non-Corporate) on a compuer running win2000 Advanced server and generated a message stating that NAV Pro could not or would not run on a server.

I hope the preceding was helpful. If anyone has had a contradictory experience with either of these scenarios, please flame me. I hate spreading misinformation.

K