Conroe 2.4GHz on 965G 21.4sec Super Pi!

ringfinger

ive seen this , although the conroe seems to be a very nice processor its price is going to be outrageous, Intel really shouldnt try to concentrate on building the fastest CPU you can buy for extortiante money, they should concentrate on building affordable mid range cpus that might actually be able to outperform AMD ones. This is why AMD are so popular now, they have cheaper chips with better performance.

Plus AMD are working on there new 65nm cores which will totally smoke the Intel ones.

Twice as fast as my Sempron64 E6 2600+@2.4GHz with CAS2.5 RAM (400MHz), when it runs at 2600MHz is gets to 39 secs. With a Athlon64 E6 3.4GHz it could get the same score (21.45 sec.) ;). They tweaked that CPU with 3volts for just a 0.65nm :blink::huh:

2500+@2385MHz Just does a little more then 40 secs.

P4 540 3.2@3440MHz Does 40 secs too, **** the 5xx are slow per MHz with this... :boring:

Edited by puntoMX

Wow... I figured people over here on MSFN would be going nuts about the Conroe results. Albeit not very concrete results at the moment due to the 4M cache smashing up on the 1M test. Guess it does't matter as much on this forum as on others lol. About the voltage, I belive they're saying that CPU-Z is recognizing it wrong and adding the voltage of each core together plus a little more. Each core is actually supposed to get 1.2v.

Heh...it's beating my P4EE 3.4@3.7 by about 10 seconds or so...and I'm running a full 1.3GHz faster!

I'm definitely excited about the release of this processor...I'm just trying not to get too excited until I see some "official" numbers at product release.

Yeah I hear that... me too. **** technology... as soon as you buy something there's something that comes out thats 10x better lol. I dropped all this cash on a prescott based system and now its obsolete!! :angrym: I suppose I'll just have to build another. :P

the systems used in that other thread arent the same specs so no proper comparison can be made.

WTF!? you cant really get same specs for AMD and Intel, Intel supports DDR2, AMD doesnt yet, so Intel get DDR2, cause they can! Boards are different, memory supported is different.

That thread was about what INTEl can do and what AMD cant do (visa versa), otherwise ur making a pointless comparison, cause you have spec DOWN intel to get to the same as AMD to an extent.

Whats the point in doing a comparison if you dont let a syem use its full potential?

It would have been better if you ran some game benchmarks and not just 3Dmark2006, Rendering programs, superPI :P and other stuff. Well, that´s for next time ;). I already liked what you did any way :thumbup .