Hacking?

Guys...

You know how you can access someone's shares by doing:

net view <computer name>

THEN

net use <drive letter>: \\<computer name>\<share>

Is that concidered hacking if you do it to someone that is not on your network?

Actually, on my router, I had to set my DMZ Host IP Address to 192.168.1.0 to disable it...Now no one can get into my shares using that procedure...

Well, I just got a call from my cousin saying that I shouldn't do it to her boyfriend anymore, when all I did was took a look at the list of his shares, and told him that he should do something about the security of his router... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, now I remember that ThA_FiLeR and FthrJACK did this to me once...

ThA_FiLeR took a look at my MP3s and FthrJACK deleted my website (don't worry, I had a backup! :D)! :)

Anywayz, I'm going out for pie...Cya...

Actually, on my router, I had to set my DMZ Host IP Address to 192.168.1.0 to disable it...Now no one can get into my shares using that procedure...

Well, I just got a call from my cousin saying that I shouldn't do it to her boyfriend anymore, when all I did was took a look at the list of his shares, and told him that he should do something about the security of his router... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, now I remember that ThA_FiLeR and FthrJACK did this to me once...

ThA_FiLeR took a look at my MP3s and FthrJACK deleted my website (don't worry, I had a backup! :D)! :)

Anywayz, I'm going out for pie...Cya...

What? u mean them Backstreet boys, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and what other gay band songs u had on ur hd?

lollll....I cant hack, whats hacking?

• 3 weeks later...

Alright then...

Say you wanted to hack a network which is idlised... No connection to the net, no connection to a different network...

How you gonna get into it?! You need someone on the inside, hook you up to the LAN or just get the files what ever you want.

Thats how most secure servers are these days.

Alright then...

Say you wanted to hack a network which is idlised... No connection to the net, no connection to a different network...

How you gonna get into it?! You need someone on the inside, hook you up to the LAN or just get the files what ever you want.

Thats how most secure servers are these days.

ok, having someone getting files from a few PCs that have no outside connection is called "STEALING" not "HACKING".

Flash, you are so wrong.

more complex a system is, generally the more insecure it is. modern systems do what? -- get more complicated.

there are many OLD exploits out there that are still working even today, never mind the new ones. Windows ISS still has lots of exploitable wholes in it.

new exploits get found every minute of every day. Finding them out would be considered hacking... using them on a victim is not, thats cracking.

websites get defaced every day too, you need to get access to the web server to do that some how... be it confusing the DNS record, actually over writting the files on the web server, telling the webserver to download files from another server (eg a new index.htm file or micro trojan) via code put in say.. a webpage form. etc etc.

if new exploits werent found all the time, websites like www.ntbugtraq.com and www.packetnews.com would be very dull indeed, for different reasons in each case :)

• 4 weeks later...

As system admin it is my job to check what users are doing on my network. My firewall/proxy/router supply me with great logs, who are coupled with e-mail logging and snort/ids database. Ultimately i've also access to all their files in case i need to check if somebody is messing up.

I love net-dictature :)

i wanna make fun with one of my friend, can someone help me.. if someone kan make a file for me who does something like net view for me so i can joke him alittle :rolleyes:?

or is it hacking? - then forget about it :)