Drivers Instalation in Post-Install stage (New Method)

MadBoy

WOW - Your project sounds great!!!

Can you explain how to set the hardware.ini to extract the BTS DriverPacks 7zipped drivers from its OEM directory on CD to HDD. And then install them.

Maybe an example ini?

Im new with it, and do not understand the different directory meanings.

BTS always works with systemdrive/d.

THX

There is at least 4 pages of posts including first post which explains a lot (i would hope). Have you tried reading it carefully? :)

This will look for drivers on CD in directory $OEM$ (changed it to wherever you put .7z packed drivers). C:\DriversTest is where the drivers will be unpacked and from where will be used. See if it works for ya.

[iNFO]

Start=Manual

Mode=Standard

Drivers_drive=CDROM

Drivers_dir=\$OEM$

Device_manager=On

Method=RegistryDevicePath

Logging_to_file=Yes

Logging_option=Advanced

Drivers_Packed=Yes

Copy_drivers=Yes

Copy_where=C:\DriversTest

Delete_drivers=No

Create_backup=No

Debug=No

@madboy

nice job/work on the app, i havnt tested it as of yet, but im going to shortly when i get more time,,

just a thought tho,, maybe a suggestion,,, wouldnt it be nice to add a autorun.inf file with the exe so that it will autostart automatically from the disk, ? or is this accomplished in another way which im not noticing,

well either way nice work, this app looks like it has alot of potential and ill definatly be testing it out,

Tnx ;)

Well autorun.inf file is very easy to create so you can do that by yourself ;) But i thought about it before and it's nice idea so yeah i will create .inf file and will give link for ppl to download or have it packed with some next rls or so. I also thought about creating .chm file with help for application. I would also need some skilled gfx guy to make some nice things for me. Icon for sure so it can be attached to program and to autostart icon ;)

Edit:

A simple Autorun.inf example:

[autorun]

open=hardware.exe

icon=hardware.ico

Hehe :) I just need .ico ;)

Edited by MadBoy

@romsempire

You gotta be more specific on your request. I don't quite get it. As for today you select one directory /Drivers were you can put as many dirs in dirs as you want and program should find the drivers for you. Unless you want to have some exceptions for some dirs but that would be hard to apply atm. But tell me exactly what you need.

@romsempire

You gotta be more specific on your request. I don't quite get it. As for today you select one directory /Drivers were you can put as many dirs in dirs as you want and program should find the drivers for you. Unless you want to have some exceptions for some dirs but that would be hard to apply atm. But tell me exactly what you need.

I have attached an Image

Excuse me for my english, but I'm Italian

Thx :)

post-79072-1159184152_thumb.jpg

Nice image :P Well i guess it's possible to do it. Question is if it's realy needed? I mean what use is to choose only for 1 pack and not all of them? What would be the use of it? So it can search faster for inf's? I have already idea for that and will prolly implement it in Hardware Professional or so ;)

Nice image :P Well i guess it's possible to do it. Question is if it's realy needed? I mean what use is to choose only for 1 pack and not all of them? What would be the use of it? So it can search faster for inf's? I have already idea for that and will prolly implement it in Hardware Professional or so ;)

Yes the search is faster, but you must consider that some driver have multilanguage control panel.

In BTS the driver are all in English.

If you implement it I can select a particular folder that I use a lot or where I put the most common drivers not included in BTS Driverpack or where I have it in my language.

I think also that progress bar is necessary.

However this utility is really cool

Progress bar is doable and prolly will be added.

As for the folder choosing i'm not realy convinced ;P You can partly do it by creating 2 (or more) dirs with 2 diffrent .ini files pointing to diffrent dirs. But okey i've got some idea how to do it ;) Would you be willing to pay for such feature ?:P

Progress bar is doable and prolly will be added.

As for the folder choosing i'm not realy convinced ;P You can partly do it by creating 2 (or more) dirs with 2 diffrent .ini files pointing to diffrent dirs. But okey i've got some idea how to do it ;) Would you be willing to pay for such feature ?:P

I think you could find many people willing to pay.

It depends from prize you stablished. I think you could earn also 20$ for pro version.

Your utility is the one in its genre, I have tested DriverkitToolkit, but you must have an internet connection for retried drivers from drivers guide servers.

In your payed professional version you could integrate the backup function like DriverKitToolkit, it's really useful.

Seems like a lot of interest in many things ;) Well keep 'em comming. I think Hardware Installer as it is now is fully functional. So i'll just focus to fix bugs in it and add minor features that won't require rebuilding it. I'll focus on building another program that will be much better and have more features ;)

@kickarse

elaborate more on what you mean ;) Like what you would like to see etc ;) I need as many ideas i can get.